This archived Web page remains online for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated. Web pages that are archived on the Internet are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats of this page on the Contact Us page.
Response of Library and Archives Canada to the Round VI Management Accountability Framework Action Plan 2009-2010
According to the MAF, the Government of Canada wishes to ensure that each "department has the people, work environment and focus on building capacity and leadership to assure its success and a confident future for the Public Service of Canada."
In the framework of workforce mobility caused by retirements and the renewal of the public service, LAC plans to recruit and retain a qualified workforce that can help carry out its mission. The institution is resolving issues related to official languages, meeting employment equity targets and developing a learning culture. LAC is also committed to providing an environment that supports employees where there is potential for growth and development, thus enhancing flexibility, productivity, job satisfaction and employability, while respecting each employee's career goals.
TBS is reaching the following conclusion: that LAC take action to achieve representation in all four employment equity groups.
|10. Extent to which the workplace is fair, enabling, healthy and safe||Acceptable
|11. Extent to which the workforce is productive, principled, sustainable and adaptable||Acceptable
- LAC should take action to achieve representation in all four employment equity groups.
- LAC should take action to ensure that employees feel the organization supports learning and career development.
LAC Action Plan:
- The Union Management Consultation Committee including the regional committee will continue to meet on a regular basis to enhance the working conditions and quality of life for all employees at LAC. Parties work together toward a shared vision that inspires and enables all employees to work in a manner consistent with the mission, values and goals of LAC.
- Actions will be undertaken in line with the 2007–2010 Employment Equity (EE) plan and specific measures to reduce the existing workforce representation gaps will be brought to the Human Resources Committee in the fall of 2009. Actions of the EE Plan will include among other things: Developing and piloting a cultural awareness session.
- A performance measure has been added to all executive performance agreements requiring that they implement sound management practices according to central agency guidelines and initiatives in order to improve the human resource capabilities of the sector, branch or division to meet its long-term strategic objectives. Performance measures include: demonstration of key leadership competencies; ensuring that at least 90 percent of employees have learning plans in place; and ensuring measures are taken to correct under-representation within employment equity designated groups.
- Following the integrated planning process, a three-year Strategic and Operational Human Resources plan was approved by LAC's Human Resources Committee (HRC). The plan is available on the intranet site and will be communicated to all employees during the summer of 2009. The plan is an evergreen document that will continue to evolve and be readjusted following the annual integrated planning exercise.
- LAC will seek to hire a Career and Learning Advisor to support individual career development needs.
- LAC will create a departmental committee that will analyze the 2008 PSES results and develop an action plan responding to preoccupations of LAC employees (March 2010).
LAC has instituted measures to have better control over classification, such as:
- LAC has a Classification Monitoring Framework in place and will develop an action plan.
- A 2007–2009 departmental classification performance report will be submitted to the Deputy Head by fall of 2009 and the TBS and the Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer (OCHRO) will be informed.
Previous | Table of Contents | Next