This archived Web page remains online for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated. Web pages that are archived on the Internet are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats of this page on the Contact Us page.
Library and Archives Canada (LAC) is conducting a formative evaluation of the National Archival Development Program (NADP). LAC has hired PRA Inc., an independent research firm, to conduct this research. An important element of this evaluation is to interview individuals from the four different stakeholder groups, who have been associated with the program. This includes representatives from Library and Archives Canada, the Canadian Council of Archives (CCA), Provincial/Territorial (P/T) Archival Councils, and representatives from organizations that have received funding for projects (hereafter, Project Recipients).
The interview should take 45 minutes to an hour, and with your permission we will tape-record it for the purposes of note-taking. All tape-recordings will be erased at the end of the study. Everything you say in the interview is confidential; we will not quote you in our report or associate your name with any comments you make.
1. Please describe your role within your organization. Please describe your involvement with the National Archival Development Program.
2. Project Recipients only: What is the mandate of your organization?
3. Please describe your role in the project application / adjudication / approval process.
4. Please describe your overall satisfaction level with the application and review process (including requirements for applicants and steps involved in the review)?
5. Project Recipients only: In your opinion, was applying for NADP funding worthwhile for your organization, considering the amount of funding you received? Please elaborate.
6. CCA, P/T Councils and LAC only: Please discuss the extent to which approved projects are in line with the objectives of the NADP? (Annex A of this interview guide states the NADP objectives).
Delivery and implementation
7. Do the different stakeholders of the NADP have clearly defined roles and responsibilities with respect to program delivery? Could these roles and responsibilities be more clearly defined? Is so, how?
8. Please describe your organization's relationship with the other NADP stakeholder groups. Specifically:
LAC only: What support do you provide to the CCA, P/T Councils, and Project Applicants and Recipients? Is the level of support appropriate in each relationship?
CCA only: What support do you receive from LAC? What support do you provide to the P/T Councils and Project Applicants and Recipients? Is the level of support appropriate in each relationship?
P/T Councils only: What support do you receive from the CCA? What support do you provide to Project Applicants and Recipients? Is the level of support appropriate in each relationship?
Project Recipients only: What support do you receive from your P/T Council and the CCA? Is the level of support appropriate in each relationship?
9. What issues, if any, exist with the design and delivery of NADP? Are there specific design and delivery issues, either in relation to the program itself or the relationships between the different stakeholders?
Performance measurement and reporting
10. LAC and CCA only: Do the different stakeholders of the NADP have clearly defined roles and responsibilities with respect to performance measurement? Could these roles and responsibilities be more clearly defined? Is so, how?
11. LAC and CCA only: How are strategic approaches and annual priorities being set each year by LAC and CCA?
12. LAC and CCA only: Please consult Annex A for this question. For each of the performance indicators:
13. CCA only: What reports (e.g., progress reports, final reports, performance management reports, financial reports) does your organization complete, and what type of information is included in each? Please describe your reporting schedule. Project Recipients only: What reports does your organization complete?
14. We are aware that the program is only in its second year, but in your opinion, is the program on track to reach its goals? If so, what are the main achievements to date? Is not, why?
15. Have you any final thoughts on the NADP?
Thank you for your time.