This archived Web page remains online for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated. Web pages that are archived on the Internet are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats of this page on the Contact Us page.
Word on the street is that the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway (GTPR) is going under and will be subject to nationalization. As an investigative reporter, it is your job to break the story first! You must write a preview story on the upcoming nationalization of the GTPR.
1. Consult the links in Activity Resources for information on:
2. Be sure to use the preview story format:
Preview Story Format
Below are some guidelines for the preview story format, summarized from: www.jprof.com/reporting/previewstories.html
1. Begin with your name and email address.
2. A headline should sum up the story or give the most important information in 8 or fewer words.
3. The story should be written in straightforward inverted pyramid style with the most important information in the lead paragraph.
4. The second paragraph should expand on the information in the lead.
5. Somewhere within the first 3 or 4 paragraphs you should have a direct quote from 1 of your sources.
6. At the very end, include a list of your sources, email addresses, telephone numbers and websites.