William G. Storm Collection|
University of Toronto, Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library
Architecture; Architecture--Ontario--History--19th century
The collection was collected in large part by the Toronto architect, William G. Storm (1826-1892). The Ontario Association of Architects first learned of its existence from consulting historian Stephen Otto. Believing that such a valuable piece of Ontario's architectural history should be preserved intact and made available to the public, the Association decided in 1988 to try to secure the collection as a centennial project. In early 1990, the collection was acquired from Mrs. Edith M. Horwood with the encouragement of her sons, James R. Horwood of Barrie, Ontario and John D. Horwood of Calgary, Alberta. In March 1990, the collection was added to the holdings of the Thomas Fisher Rare Book library.
Mainly 19th-century works on architecture, engineering and design.
The collection is open to the public with identification. For further information visit: http://www.library.utoronto.ca/fisher.
Interlibrary Loan: No.
Reprography: As the condition of the material warrants.
Reference Assistance: Yes.
Publications Describing Collection
Ontario Association of Architects. Centennial Collection. (A bibliography prepared by Marianna May Richardson). [Toronto:The Association],1990.