This archived Web page remains online for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated. Web pages that are archived on the Internet are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats of this page on the Contact Us page.
Consider the following questions:
1. What has this project taught you about the way democratic countries like Canada work out agreements?
2. In your reading, what did you notice about all the people who were involved in the process of making the Canadian constitution?
3. What groups did not participate in the real constitutional negotiations in the 1860s?
4. Was this fair? Why or why not?
5. How do you think negotiations would be the same or different today? The same: