Centre For Newfoundland Studies, Memorial University Of Newfoundland
The album containing these photographs is the property of Memorial University of Newfoundland and is housed in the Centre for Newfoundland Studies Archives. The photographs are in the public domain.
Provincial Information And Library Resources Board
Copyright for the '1880's Newfoundland: A Pictorial' website, including graphics, Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) code, scripts, and structure, is © copyright to the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Information and Library Resources Board (PILRB).
Joseph R. Smallwood Centre For Newfoundland Studies, Memorial University Of Newfoundland.
Many of the community descriptions at the beginning of each community page are taken from or based upon information found in the Encylopedia of Newfoundland and Labrador (5 vols.). Copyright © for the encyclopedia is held by the Joseph R. Smallwood Centre for Newfoundland Studies.
The following are sources from which information to develop the site have been taken.
Adams, Fred. Fred Adams' St. John's: Creative, 1986.
Centre for Newfoundland Studies Archives, 'The Joseph Laurence Photograph Album', Coll-199. Memorial University of Newfoundland, Queen Elizabeth II Library.
Newfoundland Quarterly. Autumn 1934.
Smallwood, J.R. Encyclopedia of Newfoundland and Labrador, (5 Vols.). St. Johns: Newfoundland Book Publishers (1967) Ltd., 1981-1994.
Smallwood, J.R. Book of Newfoundland, (6 vols). St.John's: Newfoundland Book Publishers, Ltd., 1937-1975
This website can ONLY be copied or reproduced for reference and educational purposes. It is NOT intended for COMMERCIAL use, copying or reproduction in any form, electronic or print.
This digital collection was produced under contract to the
SchoolNet Digital Collections Program, Industry Canada.