Situated on a roughly triangular beach at the eastern end of Placentia Roads, the town of Placentia occupies an important place in Newfoundland's early colonization and military history. The town is customarily referred to as the old French capital of Newfoundland, having been settled by the French in the mid 1600's.
Click the thumbnail to enlarge the image
This digital collection was produced under contract to the
SchoolNet Digital Collections Program, Industry Canada.