This archived Web page remains online for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated. Web pages that are archived on the Internet are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats of this page on the Contact Us page.
Writings by Glenn Gould
Writings about Glenn Gould
- "Gould, the Communicator". A panel discussion
- "A Search for Glenn Gould". A chapter from the book, The Solitary Outlaw, by B.W. Powe
- Noise of Time. Essay by B.W. Powe
- "Glenn Gould Makes Music: Glory and Plight of a Concert Pianist". Chapter V of Psychobiography of a Virtuoso, by Helen Mesaros, M.D.
- Growing up Gould. Essay by Robert Fulford
- Chapter from The Idea of Gould, a book of interviews about Gould by Rhona Bergman
- The Ultimate Soloist: A Portrait of Glen Gould. Essay by Angela Addison
- Introduction to The Last Puritan. By Bruno Monsaingeon
- "Gould and the Culture of 'Fluctuating Stasis'". An excerpt from Kevin Bazzana's book: Glenn Gould: The Performer in the Work
- Glenn Gould as Patient. A paper by Peter Ostwald, M.D.
- "The Glenn Gould Outtakes". Chapter by Geoffrey Payzant in Musical Canada: Words and Music Honouring Helmut Kallmann
- "Variations and Variants", by Jacques Hétu
- "Man, Musician, Myth and Mystique", by Rick Phillips, as published in Gramophone, Vol. 80, no. 956 (August 2002)