Darlington, Robert A. ; McKee, Fraser M. -- The Canadian naval chronicle, 1939-1945 : the successes and losses of the Canadian Navy in World War II. -- Rev. ed. -- St. Catharines, Ont. : Vanwell Pub., 1998. -- 272 p.
Douglas, W.A.B. -- "Conflict and innovation in the Royal Canadian Navy, 1939-1945". -- Naval warfare in the twentieth century, 1900-1945 : essays in honour of Arthur Marder. -- Edited by Gerald Jordan. -- London : Croom Helm, 1977. -- P. 210-232
A nation's navy : in quest of Canadian naval identity. -- Michael Hadley et al. -- Montreal : McGill-Queen's Univ. Press, 1996. -- 460 p.
- A book of essays on all major aspects of the Canadian navy by individual authors
Nolan, Brian ; Street, Brian Jeffrey. -- Champagne navy : Canada's small boat raiders of the Second World War. -- Toronto : Random House, 1991. -- 260 p.
Rawling, William. -- "The challenge of modernization : the Royal Canadian Navy and antisubmarine weapons, 1944-1945". -- The journal of military history. -- Vol. 63, no. 2 (April 1999). -- P. 355-378
The RCN in retrospect, 1910-1968. -- Edited by James A. Boutilier. -- Vancouver : Univ. of British Columbia Press, 1982. -- 373 p.
- Papers of a conference held at Royal Roads Military College, Victoria, B.C., in March 1980, which marked a rebirth in the study of the history of the RCN in the Second World War
The RCN in transition, 1910-1985. -- Edited by W.A.B. Douglas. -- Vancouver : Univ. of British Columbia Press, 1988. -- 411 p.
* Schull, Joseph. -- The far distant ships : an official account of Canadian naval operations in the Second World War. -- Ottawa : King's Printer, 1950. -- 515 p. -- Also published in French under the title: Lointains navires : compte rendu officiel des opérations de la Marine canadienne au cours de la seconde grande guerre
- When G.N. Tucker's official history project was cancelled, Naval Service Headquarters commissioned Schull to use Tucker's material for a projected third volume, to write an operational history of Canadian naval vessels. The resulting work contains little criticism of Canadian naval policy or its execution, but can still be read to advantage
- Despite its shortcomings, Schull's work has been reprinted: Toronto : Stoddart, 1987 and 2001
Tucker, Gilbert Norman. -- The Naval Service of Canada : its official history. -- Ottawa : King's Printer, 1952. -- Vol. 2
Whitby, Michael J. -- "The 'other' navy at war : the RCN's Tribal Class destroyers 1939-1944". -- Ottawa : National Library of Canada, . -- 3 microfiches. -- (Canadian theses on microfiche). -- M.A. thesis, Carleton Univ., Ottawa, 1988. -- 177 l
Table of Contents