Royal Canadian Navy
Canada. Dept. of National Defence. -- The Canadian Navy list. -- Ottawa : King's Printer, 1939-45
- Organization and frequency will vary in individual library collections
- Gives the number, rank, branch and current posting at time of publication for each officer in the Navy
- Because of the idiosyncratic organization of these, considerable investigation is required to glean the maximum information available on each individual
Canada. Royal Canadian Navy. -- Particulars of Canadian war vessels : half-yearly return. -- Ottawa : King's Printer, 1940-45. -- 8 vol.
- Title varies somewhat. No issue for July 1944
Lynch, Thomas G. -- Canada's Flowers : history of the corvettes of Canada, 1939-1945. -- Bennington, Vt. : International Graphics, 1981. -- 100 p. -- (Military journal special, 5)
Macpherson, Ken. -- Frigates of the Royal Canadian Navy, 1943-1974. -- St. Catharines, Ont. : Vanwell Pub., 1989. -- 109 p.
_____. -- Minesweepers of the Royal Canadian Navy 1938-1945. -- Toronto : Vanwell Pub., 1990. -- 110 p.
_____. -- River Class destroyers of the Royal Canadian Navy. -- Toronto : Musson, 1985. -- 103 p.
Macpherson, Ken ; Burgess, John. -- The ships of Canada's naval forces, 1910-1981 : a complete pictorial history of Canadian warships. -- Toronto : Collins, 1981. -- 240 p.
- Revised editions: Toronto : Collins, 1985 and St. Catharines, Ont. : Vanwell Pub., 1993
- Not only does this excellent guide contain a photograph and a short history of each ship, but there are also appendices on North Atlantic convoy organization, assignments of ships, names of commanding officers, pendant numbers and statistical information on each ship for the Second World War years
Macpherson, Ken ; Milner, Marc. -- Corvettes of the Royal Canadian Navy, 1939-1945. -- St. Catharines, Ont. : Vanwell Pub., 1993. -- 174 p.
McKee, Fraser M. -- The armed yachts of Canada. -- Erin, Ont. : Boston Mills Press, 1983. -- 172 p.
Canada. Army Headquarters. Historical Section. -- The regiments and corps of the Canadian Army. -- Ottawa : Queen's Printer, 1964. -- 253 p. -- (The Canadian Army list, vol. I)
- A guide to the development of each corps and regiment that was on the active list in 1964
- Each contains a very short organizational history for the Second World War
Canada. Dept. of National Defence. -- Gradation list, Canadian Army, active. -- Ottawa : King's Printer, 1940-45
- Contains an entry for every officer in the Canadian Active Service Force, indicating rank, branch and date of seniority
- These do not give as much detail as the pre-war Militia list or Defence Forces list
Dornbusch, C.E., comp. -- The Canadian Army, 1855-1965 : lineages - regimental histories. -- Cornwallville, N.Y. : Hope Farm Press, 1966. -- 179 p.
- A useful guide to the chronological development of Canadian units
- Also includes now very-dated bibliographies of regimental histories
Falconer, D.W. -- Battery flashes of W.W.II : a thumb-nail sketch of Canadian artillery batteries during the 1939-1945 conflict. -- [Victoria, B.C. : s.n., 1985]. -- 514 p.
- An invaluable guide for anyone attempting to understand the artillery's organization during the war
Royal Canadian Air Force
Canada. Royal Canadian Air Force. -- The Royal Canadian Air Force list. -- Ottawa : [s.n.], 1942-1945
- Issued in mimeographed form until 1942. Frequency varies
- Contains an entry for every officer in the active RCAF, showing name, service number, date of birth, specialty and date of seniority
- While this publication does not contain as much detail as The Canadian Navy list, it is possible to build up a picture of an officer's service by looking through issues covering a period of time
Fletcher, David C. ; MacPhail, Doug. -- Harvard! The North American trainers in Canada. -- San Josef, B.C. : DCF Flying Books, 1990. -- 208 p.
Halliday, Hugh A. -- Typhoon and Tempest : the Canadian story. -- Toronto : CANAV Books, 1992. --  p.
Holliday, Joe. -- Mosquito! The wooden wonder aircraft of World War II. -- Toronto : Doubleday, 1970. -- 236 p.
Kostenuk, Samuel ; Griffin, John. -- RCAF : squadron histories and aircraft, 1924-1968. -- Toronto : Hakkert ; Sarasota : Stevens, 1977. -- xix, 255 p. -- (Canadian War Museum - historical publication, 14)
- An invaluable guide to the formations and units making up the wartime RCAF in Canada and overseas
Page, Bette, comp. -- Mynarski's Lanc : the story of two famous Canadian Lancaster bombers KB726 & FM213. -- Erin, Ont. : Boston Mills Press, 1989. -- 192 p.
Vincent, Carl. -- The Blackburn Shark. -- Stittsville, Ont. : Canada's Wings, 1974. -- 98 p. -- (Canada's Wings, vol. 1)
Vincent, Carl, et al. -- Consolidated Liberator & Boeing Fortress. -- Stittsville, Ont. : Canada's Wings, 1975. -- 246 p. plus fold. plan in pocket. -- (Canada's Wings, vol. 2)
Table of Contents