Adelman, Robert H. ; Walton, George. -- The devil's brigade. -- Philadelphia : Chilton Books, 1966. -- 259 p.
- 1st Special Service Force, a Canadian-American unit
The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada (Princess Louise's), 1928-1953. -- Edited by H.M. Jackson. -- Montreal : Industrial School for the Deaf, 1953. -- 407 p.
Barrett, W.W. -- The history of 13 Canadian Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery, 1940-1945. -- [S.l. : s.n., s.d.]. -- 188 p.
- The Regiment supported 3rd Canadian Infantry Division from D-Day to the end of the campaign in North-West Europe
Bartlett, Jack Fortune. -- 1st Battalion, the Highland Light Infantry of Canada, 1940-1945. -- Galt, Ont. : Highland Light Infantry of Canada Association, 1951. -- 126 p.
Beattie, Kim. -- Dileas : history of the 48th Highlanders of Canada, 1929-1956. -- Toronto : 48th Highlanders of Canada, 1957. -- 847 p.
Bercuson, David J. -- Battalion of heroes : the Calgary Highlanders in World War II. -- Calgary : Calgary Highlanders Regimental Funds Foundation, 1994. -- 297 p.
_____. -- The Patricias : the proud history of a fighting regiment. -- Toronto : Stoddart, 2001. -- 347 p.
- The most recent one-volume history of one of Canada's most distinguished regiments
- This covers the regiment's whole history, with considerable detail on the its operations in Italy
* Bernier, Serge. -- The Royal 22e Regiment, 1914-1999. -- Translated by Charles Phillips. -- Montreal : Art Global, 2000. -- 450 p. -- Also published in French under the title: Le Royal 22e Régiment, 1914-1999
- An important one-volume history of another Canadian Regular regiment that has previously had multi-volume histories written. This also has considerable detail on operations in Italy
Brown, Kingsley, et al. -- Semper paratus : the history of the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry (Wentworth Regiment), 1862-1977. -- Revised and edited by Brereton Greenhous. -- Hamilton, Ont. : RHLI Historical Ass., 1977. -- 446 p.
- After sustaining 480 casualties in their baptism by fire at Dieppe, the Regiment went back to North-West Europe as an infantry battalion in the 2nd Canadian Infantry Division
Burhans, R.D. -- The First Special Service Force : a war history of the North Americans, 1942-1944. -- Washington : Infantry Journal Press, 1947. -- 376 p.
Canada. Canadian Army. Royal Canadian Artillery. 19th Canadian Army Field Regiment. -- Regimental history, September 1941 - July 1945. -- Deventer, Netherlands : Nederlandsche Diepdruk Inrichting, 1945. -- 131 p.
Canada. Canadian Army. Royal Canadian Engineers. 2nd Battalion. -- The story of 2 Bn, R.C.E., 1949-1945. -- Zutphen : G.J.A. Ruys, 1945. -- 1 vol. --  p.
Canada. Canadian Army. Royal Canadian Engineers. 23 Field Company. -- The Twenty-Third story. -- [London, Ont. : s.n., 1947]. -- 86 p.
Cassidy, G.L. -- Warpath : the story of the Algonquin Regiment, 1939-1945. -- Toronto : Ryerson Press, 1948. -- 372 p.
- Reprinted as: Warpath : from Tilly-la-compagne [sic] to the Kusten Canal. -- Markham, Ont. : PaperJacks, 1980. --  p.
- The Algonquin Regiment saw hard fighting as an infantry battalion in the 4th Canadian Armoured Division through North-West Europe, 1944-1945
Copp, Terry. -- The Brigade : the Fifth Canadian Infantry Brigade, 1939-1945. -- Stoney Creek, Ont. : Fortress Publications, 1992. -- 208 p.
Diary of 65 Canadian Tank Transporter Company, Royal Canadian Army Service Corps. -- Editorial research and composition by Norman Lafrance. -- [Orillia, Ont.] : M.R. Allen for 65th Association, 1983. -- iv, 199 p.
Dornier, François ; Joubert, Marie-Claude. -- Soldats de la côte ... : les Fusiliers du St-Laurent d'hier à aujourd'hui. -- Rimouski (Qué.) : Régie du régiment des fusiliers du St-Laurent, 1992. -- 183 p.
- The regiment provided many of the coast watchers, who were the shore elements in the Battle of the St. Lawrence
Elliot, S.R. -- Scarlet to green : a history of intelligence in the Canadian Army, 1903-1963. -- Toronto : Canadian Intelligence and Security Association, 1981. -- xix, 769 p.
Flatt, S.A. -- History of the 6th field company, Royal Canadian Engineers, 1939-1945. -- [Vancouver, B.C. : Wrigley printing, 1956?]. -- 141 p.
Forbes, H.C. -- "Military police at war : the no. 2 Company Canadian Provost Corps in England and France, 1942-1945". -- Edited by William Beahen. -- The quarterly : Royal Canadian Mounted Police. -- Vols. 50-51 (Fall 1985 - Winter 1986). -- P. 20-41, 8-29
Galloway, Strome. -- "55 axis" : with the Royal Canadian Regiment, 1939-1945. -- Montreal : Provincial Pub. Co., 1946. -- 232 p.
- Reprinted, titled: A regiment at war : the story of the Royal Canadian Regiment, 1939-1945. -- [S.l. : s.n.], 1979
- The Royal Canadian Regiment was an infantry battalion in the 1st Canadian Infantry Division throughout the campaigns in Sicily, Italy and North-West Europe
Gavin, T.M. -- The story of 1 Canadian Survey Regiment, RCA, 1939-1945. -- [S.l.] : Privately printed, 1945. -- 99 p.
Gouin, Jacques. -- Par la bouche de nos canons : histoire du 4e Régiment d'artillerie moyenne/ 4th Cdn Medium Regt RCA/ 1941-1945. -- [Montréal] : Gasparo, 1970. -- 248 p.
Grant, D.W. -- "Carry on" : the history of the Toronto Scottish Regiment (M.G.), 1939-1945. -- Toronto : [s.n.], 1949. --  p.
- The Toronto Scottish were the machine gun battalion who fought within the 2nd Canadian Infantry Division throughout the North-West Europe campaign
Graves, Donald E. -- South Albertas : a Canadian regiment at war. -- Toronto : R. Brass Studio, 1998. -- 408 p.
- A major study of the South Alberta Regiment, which played a unique role as an armoured reconnaissance regiment within 4th Canadian Armoured Division in North-West Europe
Greenhous, Brereton. -- Dragoon : the centennial history of the Royal Canadian Dragoons, 1883-1983. -- Ottawa : Guild of the Royal Canadian Dragoons, 1983. -- 557 p.
- The Royal Canadian Dragoons provided the 1st Armoured Car Regiment, the reconnaissance element of 1st Canadian Corps in Italy and North-West Europe
Hayes, Geoffrey. -- The Lincs : a history of the Lincoln and Welland Regiment at war. -- Alma, Ont. : Maple Leaf Route, 1986. -- 139 p.
Henry, C.E. -- Regimental history of the 18th Armoured Car Regiment (XII Manitoba Dragoons). -- Deventer, Netherlands : Nederlandsche Diepdruk Inrichting, [1945?]. -- 151 p.
The history of the 8th Canadian Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment, R.C.A. -- Amersfoort, Netherlands : [s.n.], 1945. -- 124 p.
History of 17th Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery, 5th Canadian Armoured Division. -- Groningen, Netherlands : J. Niemejier, 1946. -- 107 p.
History of the Royal Canadian Corps of Signals, 1903-1961. -- Edited by John S. Moir. -- Ottawa : Royal Canadian Corps of Signals, Corps Committee, 1962. -- 366 p.
- Most of this work deals with the Second World War
The history of the Second Field Regiment R.C.A. Sep 1939 - Jun 1945. -- [S.l. : s.n., s.d.]. -- 79, xxiv p.
Johnson, Charles Monroe. -- Action with the Seaforths. -- New York : Vantage Press, 1954. -- 342 p.
- Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, an infantry battalion in the 1st Canadian Infantry Division in Sicily, Italy and North-West Europe
Johnston, Stafford. -- The fighting Perths : the story of the first century in the life of a Canadian county regiment. -- Stratford, Ont. : Perth Regiment Veterans' Ass., 1964. --  p.
- Reprinted, 500 copies, 1985
- Most of the book recounts the Regiment's activities as an infantry battalion in the 5th Canadian Armoured Division in Italy and North-West Europe
Kembar, A.K. ; Gundy, W.T. -- The six years of 6 Canadian Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery : September 1939 - September 1945. -- Amsterdam : Town Printing Office, [1945?]. -- 128 p.
Kerry, A.J. ; McDill, W.A. -- The history of the Corps of Royal Canadian Engineers. -- Volume II : 1936-1946. -- Ottawa : Military Engineers Ass. of Canada, 1966. -- 713 p.
Lechasseur, Antonio. -- "Le régiment de Gaspé-Bonaventure, le lieutenant-colonel Joseph Pineault et la défense des côtes gaspésiennes durant la Seconde Guerre mondiale". -- Revue d'histoire du Bas Saint-Laurent. -- Vol. 11 (janvier-mars 1985). -- P. 19-28
[Lockwood, A.M., comp.]. -- History of the 7th Canadian Medium Regiment, R.C.A. : from 1st September, 1939 to 8th June 1945. -- [S.l. : s.n., s.d.]. -- 111 p.
Londerville, J.D. -- The pay services of the Canadian Army overseas in the war of 1939-45. -- Ottawa : The Runge Press for the Royal Canadian Army Pays Corps Association, 1950. -- 315 p.
Mandar, Allin J. -- Line clear for up trains : a history of no. 1 Canadian Railway Operating Group, R.C.E., 1943-1945. -- Alexandria Bay, N.Y. : Museum Restoration Service, 1991. -- 110 p.
Marchand, Gérard. -- Le régiment de Maisonneuve vers la victoire, 1944-1945. -- Montréal : Les Presses Libres, 1980. -- 266 p.
Marteinson, John ; McNorgan, Michael R. -- The Royal Canadian Armoured Corps : an illustrated history. -- Toronto : Royal Canadian Armoured Corps Association in cooperation with the Canadian War Museum, 2000. --  p.
- This important new Corps history includes twelve chapters on the Second World War
- It also features many photographs never before published
McAvity, J.M. -- Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians) : a record of achievement. -- Toronto : Printed by Brigdens, 1947. -- 280 p.
- Although now somewhat dated, this account is almost entirely devoted to the Strathcona's campaign as an armoured regiment in Italy, 1943-1945, and in the Netherlands, 1945
Mitchell, G.D. -- RCHA - right of the line : an anecdotal history of the Royal Canadian Horse Artillery from 1871. -- Edited by Joseph G. Goski. -- Ottawa : RCHA History Committee, 1986. -- 303 p.
- A history of Canada's only permanent force artillery regiment in the war
Morrison, W. Alexander ; Slaney, Ted. -- The breed of manly men : the history of the Cape Breton Highlanders. -- Toronto : Canadian Institute of Strategic Studies and The Cape Breton Highlanders Association, 1994. -- 410 p.
- Infantry battalion with 5th Canadian Armoured Division in Italy and Holland
Mowat, Farley. -- The Regiment. -- Toronto : McClelland and Stewart, 1955. -- 312 p.
- 2d ed. : 1973. --  p. Reprinted: 1974, 1976
- Tells the story of the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment, as an infantry battalion in the 1st Canadian Infantry Division, through the Sicilian, Italian and North-West Europe campaigns
Nicholson, G.W.L. -- The gunners of Canada : the history of the Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery. -- Volume II : 1919-1967. -- Toronto : McClelland and Stewart, 1972
Nicholson, L.H. -- Battle-dress patrol : no. 1 Provost Company (R.C.M.P.), 1939-1945. -- Ottawa : Access to History Publications, 1992. -- 56 p.
- Reprinted from the R.C.M.P. quarterly. - Vol. 47 (1946-47)
Noblston, Allen. -- 5 Canadian Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment : regimental history : World War II (1 March 1941 - 8 May 1945). -- Groningen, Netherlands : De Waal, 1945. -- 64 p.
Nolan, Brian. -- Airborne : the heroic story of the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion in the Second World War. -- Toronto : Lester Pub., 1995. -- 227 p.
- The 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion operated not with the 1st Canadian Army, but as part of the British 6th Airborne Division throughout the North-West Europe campaign
Oldfield, J.E. -- The Westminsters' war diary : an unofficial history of the Westminster Regiment (Motor) in World War II. -- New Westminster, B.C. : Mitchell Press, 1964. -- 209 p.
- The Westminster Regiment (Motor) formed part of the 5th Armoured Brigade of 5th Canadian Armoured Division in Italy and Holland
Osler, John G. -- 2nd Canadian Medium Regiment, R.C.A. : regimental history, 18 January 1942 - 30 June 1945. -- Deventer, Netherlands : Nederlandsche Diepdruk Inrichting, 1945. -- 119 p.
- A unit of 1st Army Group, Royal Canadian Artillery, in the North-West Europe campaign
Pavey, Walter G. -- An historical account of the 7th Canadian Reconnaissance Regiment (17th Duke of York's Royal Canadian Hussars) in the World War, 1939-1945. -- Montreal : [s.n.], 1948. -- 139 p.
- The 7th Reconnaissance Regiment was the armoured unit of 3rd Canadian Infantry Division in the North-West Europe campaign
Queen-Hughes, R.W. -- Whatever men dare : a history of the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada, 1935-1960. -- [Winnipeg : Bulman], 1960. -- xi, 247 p.
- An infantry battalion of the 2nd Canadian Infantry Division in the North-West Europe campaign
Ramsden, Kenneth R. -- The Canadian Kangaroos in World War II : the story of 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment, Canada's foreign-born secret regiment. -- Cavan, Ont. : Ramsden-Cavan Pub., 1998. -- 203 p.
- History of a little-known unit that had no post war history
Regimental history, 85 Cdn Bridge Coy, June, 1941 - May, 1945. -- [Zwolle, Netherlands : s.n., 1945]. -- 82 p.
Ross, Richard M. -- The history of the 1st Battalion Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa (M.G.). -- Ottawa : Runge Press, [1946?]. -- 96 p.
- The Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa were the machine gun battalion of the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division from D-Day to the end of the war in North-West Europe
Roy, R.H. -- Ready for the fray (Deas gu cath) : the history of the Canadian Scottish Regiment (Princess Mary's), 1920-1955. -- Vancouver : Evergreen Press, 1958. -- xiii, 509 p.
- As an infantry battalion in the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division from D-Day to the end of the war in North-West Europe, the Canadian Scottish Regiment was highly regarded
_____. -- The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, 1919-1965. -- Vancouver : Evergreen Press, 1969. -- xxiv, 559 p.
- An infantry battalion in the 1st Canadian Infantry Division, the regiment fought through Sicily, Italy and North-West Europe
_____. -- Sinews of steel : the history of the British Columbia Dragoons. -- [Kelowna, B.C. : British Columbia Dragoons, 1965]. -- xiii, 468 p.
- A unit of the 5th Canadian Armoured Division that fought in Italy and Holland
Royal Canadian Artillery : history of the 4th Cdn. Anti-Tank Battery, June 1940 - July 1945. -- [S.l. : s.n., 1945]. -- 60 p.
Ruffee, G.E.M. ; Dickie, J.B. -- The history of the 14th Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery, 1940-1945. -- Amsterdam : Werelbibliotheek N.V., 1945. -- 61 p.
- 14th Field Regiment supported 3rd Canadian Infantry Division in the North-West Europe campaign
Sirois, Georges. -- Centre d'instruction (élémentaire) no 71 d'Edmunston. -- Edmunston, N.-B. : Société historique du Madawaska, 1993. -- 88 p. -- (Revue de la Société historique du Madawaska, vol. 20, nos 1-3)
Slinger, J.E. ; McNichol, D. -- History of the 11th Canadian Armoured Regiment (the Ontario Regiment) in the field, 1939-1945. -- Harlingen, Netherlands : Flevo Press, 1945. -- 44 p.
- The regiment was part of the 1st Canadian Armoured Brigade which fought in Sicily, Italy and North-West Europe as an independent formation
Smith, Lawrence N. -- The history of the 23rd Field Regiment (SP) R.C.A., World War II. -- St. Catharines, Ont. : St. Catharines Standard, [1945?]. -- 81 p.
- The regiment supported the 4th Canadian Armoured Division in the North-West Europe campaign
Smith, Wilfred I. -- Code word CANLOAN. -- Toronto : Dundurn Press, 1992. -- 346 p.
- Canloan was a programme that loaned Canadian junior officers to serve in the British infantry battalions that faced a leadership shortage in 1944-45. These subalterns suffered very heavy casualties. Wilfred Smith, one of the survivors, subsequently became a professional historian and Dominion Archivist of Canada
Spencer, R.A. -- History of the Fifteenth Canadian Field Regiment : Royal Canadian Artillery, 1941 to 1945. -- Amsterdam : Elsevier, 1945. -- 302 p.
- The 15th Field Regiment supported the 4th Canadian Armoured Division in North- West Europe
Stanley, George F.G. -- In the face of danger : the history of the Lake Superior Regiment. -- Port Arthur, Ont. : Lake Superior Scottish Regiment, 1960. -- 357 p.
- The Lake Superior Regiment (Motor) was the infantry component of the 4th Armoured Brigade, 4th Canadian Armoured Division through the North-West Europe campaign
Steeves, Kerry Ragnar. -- "The Pacific Coast Militia Rangers, 1942-1945". -- Ottawa : National Library of Canada, . -- 2 microfiches. -- (Canadian theses on microfiche). -- M.A. thesis, Univ. of British Columbia, Vancouver, 1990. -- 175 l
Stevens, G.R. -- A city goes to war. -- Brampton, Ont. : Charters Pub., 1964. -- 431 p.
- The wartime history of the Loyal Edmonton Regiment, a part of the 1st Canadian Infantry Division in Sicily, Italy and North-West Europe
_____. -- The Royal Canadian Regiment, 1933-1966. -- London, Ont. : London Print. & Lithographing, 1967. -- 420 p.
- The "official" history of Canada's senior infantry regiment, which fought through Sicily, Italy and North-West Europe as part of 1st Canadian Infantry Division
Tooley, Robert. -- Invicta : the Carleton and York Regiment in the Second World War. -- Fredericton, N.B. : New Ireland Press, 1989. -- xv, 471 p.
- The regiment was part of the 1st Canadian Infantry Division, fighting in Sicily, Italy and North-West Europe
- This history, adapted from a Ph.D. thesis, is a model of what a regimental history should be
Walker, D.E., comp. -- A resume of the story of 1st battalion, the Saskatoon Light Infantry (MG), Canadian Army, Overseas. -- Saskatoon, Sask. : Saskatoon General Printing & Bookbinding, [s.d.]. -- 139 p.
- The Saskatoon Light Infantry was the machine gun component of 1st Canadian Infantry Division in Sicily, Italy and North-West Europe
Walmsley, R.Y. ; Whalley, B.J.P. -- The history of the First Med. Regt., 1940-1945. -- Amsterdam : Spin's Pub. Co., 1945. -- 121 p.
- The 1st Medium Regiment was a part of the 1st Army Group, Royal Canadian Artillery in North-West Europe
Warren, Arnold. -- Wait for the wagon : the story of the Royal Canadian Army Service Corps. -- Toronto : McClelland and Stewart, 1961. -- 413 p.
Willes, John A. -- Out of the clouds : the history of the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion. -- Kingston, Ont. : [s.n.], 1981. -- 251 p.
Wonders, William C. -- The 'Sawdust Fusiliers' : the Canadian Forestry Corps in the Scottish Highlands in World War Two. -- Montreal : Canadian Pulp and Paper Ass., . --  p.
Wood, Gordon. -- The story of the Irish Regiment of Canada, 1939-1945. -- Heerenveen, Netherlands : Hepkema, 1945. -- 87 p.
- The Irish Regiment of Canada was an infantry battalion in the 5th Canadian Armoured Division in Italy and North-West Europe
Table of Contents