Prisoners of War
Brown, Kingsley. -- Bonds of wire : a memoir. -- Toronto : Collins, 1989. -- 267 p.
- RCAF prisoner of war in Stalag Luft 3
Buckham, Robert. -- Forced march to freedom : an illustrated diary of two forced marches and the interval between - January to May 1945. -- Stittsville, Ont. : Canada's Wings, 1984. -- 98 p.
- Reprinted: Montreal : McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 1990
Cambon, Ken. -- Guest of Hirohito. -- Vancouver : PW Press, 1990. -- 184 p.
- Royal Rifles of Canada taken captive at Hong Kong
Chater, Les. -- Behind the fence : life as a POW in Japan, 1942-45 : the diaries of Les Chater. -- Transcribed and edited by Elizabeth Hamid. -- St. Catharines, Ont. : Vanwell, 2001. -- 288 p.
- Captured as an RAF officer in Java, Les Chater kept a secret diary listing names of prisoners, illnesses, deaths, their daily diet and treatment at the hands of their captors
- The diaries were used as evidence at the Tokyo War Crimes trials
Detour : the story of Oflag IVC. -- Edited by J.E.R. Wood ; illustrated by J.F. Watton. -- London : Falcon Press, 1946. -- 183 p.
Lavender, Emerson ; Sheffe, Norman. -- The evaders : true stories of downed Canadian airmen and their helpers in World War II. -- Toronto : McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 1992. -- 262 p.
Nakano, Takeo Ujo ; Nakano, Leatrice. -- Within the barbed wire fence : a Japanese man's account of his internment in Canada. -- Toronto : Univ. of Toronto Press, 1980. -- 126 p. -- (Social history of Canada, 33)
Poolton, Jack A. ; Poolton-Turvey, Jayne. -- Destined to survive : a Dieppe veteran's story. -- Toronto : Dundurn Press, 1998. -- 144 p.
- Memoir of a private soldier in the Royal Regiment of Canada who became a prisoner of war
Proulx, Benjamin A. -- Underground from Hongkong. -- New York : Dutton, 1943. -- 214 p.
- Memoir of a Quebec businessman in Hong Kong, a member of the colony's Naval Volunteer Reserve unit, who escaped from a Japanese prisoner of war camp
Prouse, A. Robert. -- Ticket to Hell via Dieppe : from a prisoner's wartime log 1942-1945. -- Toronto : Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1982. -- 192 p.
Smith, Gladys E. -- Forty nights to freedom : the true prisoner of war escape story of Wing Commander Stewart F. Cowan (Ret.). -- Winnipeg : Queenston House Pub., 1984. -- 219 p.
Vallée, Pierre. -- Prisonnier à l'Oflag 79. -- Montréal : Éditions de l'homme, 1964. -- 123 p.
Verrault, Georges. -- Journal d'un prisonnier de guerre au Japon, 1941-1945. -- Sillery, Qué. : Septentrion, 1993. -- 313 p.
Wentzel, Fritz. -- Single or return? The story of a German P.O.W. in British camps, and the escape of Lieutenant Franz Von Werra. -- Translated from German by Edward Fitzgerald. -- London : W. Kimber, 1954. -- 172 p.
- Story of the only German prisoner to successfully escape from Canada and get back to Germany
Bilson, Geoffrey. -- The guest children : the story of the British child evacuees sent to Canada during World War II. -- Saskatoon, Sask. : Fifth House, 1988. -- 271 p.
Kelly, William ; Kelly, Nora Hickson. -- Policing in wartime : one Mountie's story. -- Regina : Centax Books, 1999. -- 190 p.
- Memoir of service in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police on security and black market duties in southern Ontario
Kelsey, Marion. -- Victory harvest : diary of a Canadian in the Women's Land Army, 1940-1944. -- Montreal : McGill-Queen's Univ. Press, 1997. -- 227 p.
- Marion Kelsey travelled to Britain to be near her husband in the Canadian Army and worked on English farms until he was seriously wounded
Peate, Mary. -- Girl in a sloppy Joe sweater : life on the Canadian home front during World War Two. -- Montreal : Optimum Pub. International, 1988. -- 202 p.
Stursberg, Peter. -- The sound of war : memoirs of a CBC correspondent. -- Toronto : Univ. of Toronto Press, 1993. -- 313 p.
- Radio reporter on the Alaska Highway, 1942 and Sicily, Italy, southern France and North-West Europe, 1943-1945
Women overseas : memoirs of the Canadian Red Cross Corps (Overseas Detachment). -- Edited by Frances Martin Day et al. -- Vancouver : Ronsdale Press, 1998. -- 382 p.
Table of Contents