[Goldfinch and thistle]
Susanna Moodie, 1869.
Traill Family Collection
MG 29, D 81
National Archives of Canada
Notes on the Finding Aid
1. Catharine Parr Traill is referred to variously as Catharine Parr Traill, C.P. Traill, Mrs. Traill and C.P.T.
2. File titles are indicated by italics.
3. Undated documents are listed at the end of each file's contents and the dates given as n.d. When the date of an undated document has been inferred, the inferred date is given in square brackets, with the document arranged in its proper chronological place. When there is some doubt about the certainty of an inferred date, the date given is followed by a question mark within the square brackets.
4. Correspondence received by members of the Traill, Strickland, Moodie and Stewart families, and others, is organized alphabetically according to recipient. In some cases correspondence received by one family has been filed together under the family name, and in a few cases correspondence both received and sent by an individual or family has been filed together.
5. Additional correspondence n.d., 1828-1904 presented by Kathleen I. McMurrich in 1981 and formerly accessioned as part of the Traill Family Collection is now accessioned as part of the Susanna Moodie Collection MG 29, D 100.