To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Fonds consists of
Place of creation
25 photographs b&w.
Language of material
Scope and content
Fonds consists of correspondence and memoranda, 1846-1975; scrapbooks and clippings, 1878-1972, largely concerning the history of the Six Nations Reserve at Brantford; and pamphlets and publications, 1889-1972, on the Delaware Tribe and the Six Nations Reserve. Fonds also consists of photographs, 1870-1974, depicting: chiefs and warriors of the Six Nations in Brantford and Ottawa, Ont.; investiture of James Allen and Ellen Fairclough as honourary Chiefs of the Six Nations; ceremony honouring Elliott Moses, retiring chairman of Indian Advisory Committee, Toronto, Ont., 1972; portraits of the first Elective Council of the Six Nations Reserve near Brantford, Ont.; and the First Advisory Council of Ontario, Toronto, Ont.
Conditions of access
Photographs: No restrictions. There is copyright on items less than 50 years old. Copyright expired on items more than 50 years old. Credit: Name of Photographer / National Archives of Canada.
Textual records The finding aid is a descriptive file list. MSS1109 90 (Electronic)
Creator / Provenance
Biography / Administrative history
Elliott Moses was a member of the Delaware Tribe who lived on the Six Nations Reserve near Brantford. He completed an associated degree course at the Ontario College of Agriculture in 1917. He served as Director of the Ontario Plowman's Association for 39 years and accompanied the Ontario Champion Plowmen to Britain in 1949.
He held the posts of Soldier Settler Inspector and Estate Clerk in the Indian Office in Brantford for 15 years. He was appointed Chairman of the Ontario Provincial Indian Advisory Committee in 1956. He was a member of the Brant Historical Society for some 45 years and was much in demand as a speaker on local history and especially that of the Six Nations Reserve and the Delaware Tribe.
1. Indians of North America - Canada - Tribal government, 1846-1975
2. Canada. Dept. of Indian Affairs, [1846-1975]
3. Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.), 1878-1972
4. Ontario Plowman's Association, [1846-1975]
5. Indians of North America - Canada - Languages, 1889-1972
6. Council of the Six Nations Reserve, [1846-1975]
7. Indians of North America - Six Nations, 1846-1975
8. Ontario. Provincial Indian Advisory Committee, [1846-1975]
9. Indians of North America - Canada - Dictionaries and encyclopedias, 1889-1972
10. Jonas Moses, [1878-1973]
11. Indians of North America - Canada, 1846-1975
12. Six Nations Reserve, Brantford (Ont.), [1846-1975]
13. Indians of North America - Canada - Education, [1846-1975]
14. Lênapé - English DcDictionary, 1889.
15. Indians of North America - Delaware, [1846-1975]
16. D.G. Brinton, 1889.
17. Indians of North America - Delaware language, 1889-1972
18. Reverend Anthony Sequqkind, 1889.
19. Indians of North America - Ontario , 1846-1975
20. Brant Historical Society, Brantford (Ont.), [1846-1975]
21. Policy, Government, 1846-1975
22. Brant County Historical Society, Brantford (Ont.), [1846-1975]
23. Six Nations Reserve, Brantford (Ont.) - History, [1889-1972]
24. Brantford (Ont.) - History, [1846-1975]
25. Scrapbooks, 1878-1972.
26. Indians of North America - Canada - Languages - Texts, 1889-1972.
27. Indian of North America - Canada - Councils, [1846-1975]
28. Indian policy - North America, [1846-1975]
29. Indian agencies, [1846-1975]
30. Farmers' associations, [1846-1975]
Other system control no.
Related control no.
- Date modified: