To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Fonds consists of
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
914 photographs b&w and col.
3 film reels (5 min).
6 medals gold, silver, bronze.
Language of material
Scope and content
Fonds consists of textual records in three series: departmental and political; personal and family; articles, speeches and newspaper clippings. The fonds also consists of photographs pertaining to aspects of the public career of C.D. Howe including depictions of War Committee Cabinet meetings, Canadian-American conferences, and Dominion-Provincial conferences on reconstruction. There are also several albums of photographs that relate to many people and occasions including album documenting an official tour of Small Arms Limited munitions factory, 1942; opening of Mens' Centre, Hamilton, Ontario; and albums documenting the "Official Sod-turning Ceremony, Nuclear Power Demonstration Plant, Sept. 19, 1956". The fonds contains medals, objects, ribbons, 1928-1956: Port of Kobe Bronze Souvenir Medal; Daniel Guggenheim Bronze Medal for Great Achievement in Aeronautics (1928); Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario (1947); Casa de Moneda de Mexico (1949); medal commemorating construction of additional grain elevator space, Three Rivers Grain & Elevator Co. (1956); two Souvenir Steel Rails by the Algoma Steel Company, one inscribed to C.A. Dunning, the other inscribed to William Duff; souvenir of Canada's Radium Silver Mine, Great Bear Lake; Coronation of Elizabeth II Silver Medal (1953); blue pouch with gilt lettering; miniature Ribbon - Order of St. Michael and St. George for neck suspension. One photograph of C.D. Howe with woman tv journalist in his office in Ottawa, ca. 1955. Also included are films consisting of clips of Howe, [ca. 1948-1957].
Conditions of access
Medals, objects, ribbon.
Copy negative C-046383
Copy negative C-046379
Copy negative C-046380
Copy negative C-046415
Copy negative C-046382
Copy negative C-046430
Copy negative C-046416
Copy negative C-046410
Copy negative C-046429
Copy negative C-046381
Copy negative C-046378
Photographic materials: No donor restrictions. Various copyrights on items less than 50 years old. Copyright expired on items more than 50 years old. Credit: Name of photographer / National Archives of Canada / Copy negative no.
Moving images: Reproduction and use of any kind requires the written permission of the copyright owner.
Medals, objects, ribbon: No donor restrictions. Copyright: Unknown. Credit: National Archives of Canada / Accession no. 1960-005.
Textual records: The finding aid is a file list. MSS0505 (Paper)
Textual records: Finding aid. MSS0505 (Electronic)
Photographic materials: See "Photographic inventories, indexes, and caption lists arranged by accession number." FA-500 (Paper)
Medals, objects, ribbon: Medal inventory numbers: 6070, 6072, 6073, 6077, 6078, 6080, 6081, 6082, 6085, 6093, and 6094. (Paper)
Medals, objects, ribbon: Description; on line; item-level. (Electronic)
Moving images: See MISACS for item-level descriptions. (Electronic)
Creator / Provenance
Availability of other formats note
1. Clarence Decatur Howe - Correspondence, 1922-1961
2. Dalhousie University (Halifax, N.S.), 1925-1961.
3. Legislators - Canada - Biography, 1922-1961
4. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, Mass.), 1925-1961.
5. Canada. Parliament - Biography, 1922-1961
6. Canada. Dept. of Railways and Canals, [1922-1961]
7. Polymer Corporation - Records and correspondence, 1922-1961
8. Canada. Dept. of Marine and Fisheries, [1922-1961]
9. Airlines - Canada, 1922-1961
10. Canada. Dept. of Transport, [1922-1961]
11. Aircraft industry - Canada, 1922-1961
12. Canada. Dept. of Munitions and Supply, [1922-1961]
13. Mines and mining - Canada, 1922-1961
14. Canada. Dept. of Reconstruction and Supply, [1922-1961]
15. Pipe lines - Canada, 1922-1961
16. Canada. Dept. of Reconstruction, [1922-1961]
17. Cabinet ministers - Canada, 1922-1961
18. Canada. Dept. of Trade and Commerce, [1922-1961]
19. Nuclear energy - Canada, 1922-1961
20. Canada. Dept. of Defence Production, [1922-1961]
21. Shipbuilding - Canada, 1922-1961.
22. International cooperation, 1922-1961.
23. Howe family, 1925-1961.
24. Family - Records and correspondence, 1925-1961.
25. Canada. Industrial Defence Board - Records and correspondence, 1922-1961.
26. Universities and colleges - Canada, 1925-1961.
27. Universities and colleges - United States, 1925-1961.
28. Invitations - Canada, 1925-1961.
29. Speeches, addresses, etc., Canadian, 1931-1961.
30. Clarence Decatur Howe - Authorship, 1931-1961.
31. Clarence Decatur Howe - Biography, 1931-1961.
32. Newspapers - Sections, columns, etc., 1931-1961.
33. Sir James Dunn - Estates, 1925-1961.
34. Directors of corporations - Canada, 1925-1961.
35. World War II - Great Britain, 1922-1961.
36. World War II - Canada, 1922-1961.
37. World War II - United States, 1922-1961.
38. Politique et gouvernement
40. Politics and government
41. Hommes politiques
Other system control no.
Related control no.
1. 1960-005 MED
2. 1964-095 NPC
3. 1964-111 NPC
4. 1968-172 NPC
5. 1980-191 NPC
6. 1982-0227 MISA
- Date modified: