To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
43 photographs b&w, 1 negative.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of personal and business correspondence relating to activities in the province of Quebec and material concerning the Teatro Chung Wa in Havana, Cuba; immigration documents (Chinese Immigration Act) relating to members of the Wong family; several booklets in Chinese; personal photographs; photocopies (7 pages) of immigration documents, 1894-1962. The fonds also contains a portrait used by Mr. Yu Wong (b. 1880) on his 1963 Canadian Citizenship card; a portrait of Mr. Wong as a younger man, during the 1920s and 1930s; and photos of various members of the Wong family. The photos were taken in New York, San Francisco, Monteal, Hoboken, Moncton, and China from approximately 1910 to 1940.
Photographs: No restrictions. Various copyright. Credit: Name of photographer / National Archives of Canada / Copy negative no.
No finding aid
1. Leung Doo Wong - Correspondence, [1908-1962] Teatro Chung Wa (Havana, Cuba), [1908-1931]
2. Commercial correspondence, [1908-1962] Wong family, [1908-1931]
3. Emigration and immigration law - China, [1908-1962] Quebec (Province), [1908-1931]
4. Immigrants - China, [1894-1962]
5. Chinese - Canada, [1908-1962]
6. Photographs, [1908-1962]
7. Legal documents - China, [1894-1962]
Other system control no.
Related control no.
1. 1991-227 DAP
- Date modified: