To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Description found in Archives
Fonds consists of
Place of creation
5 microfilm reels : negative and positive.
Language of material
Scope and content
Fonds consists of the papers of Lord Monck which reflect his personal life and his various positions as a public official. Included are correspondence, original, 1805-1912, 17 cm, and microfilm, 1847-1890, 5 reels; and addresses, replies to addresses and petitions, original, 1861-1868, 7.5 cm. This material is available on microfilm reels A-755 to A-759.
Conditions of access
Microfilm reel A-758
Microfilm reel A-759
Microfilm reel A-757
Microfilm reel A-756
Microfilm reel A-755
from A-755 to A-759
Textual records The finding aid consists of a shelf list of the microfilmed correspondence and of a chronological and alphabetical list to the Lord and Lady Monck correspondence. There is also a chronological list of the miscellaneous correspondence and of a list of the remaining items. MSS0686 90 (Electronic)
Creator / Provenance
Availability of other formats note
Location of originals note
1. Canada - History - Confederation, 1867
2. Manitoulin Island (Ont.), 1861-1868.
3. Canada - History - Fenian Invasions, 1866-1870
4. Toronto (Ont.), 1861-1868.
5. Canada - Commerce, 1847-1890
6. David Horner, 1864.
7. United States - Commerce, 1847-1890
8. Intercolonial Railway, 1847-1890.
9. Reciprocity, 1847-1890.
10. Trent Affair, Nov. 8, 1861.
11. British North America - Politics and government, [between 1847 and 1890]
12. British North America - Defenses, [between 1847 and 1890]
13. United States - History - Civil War, 1861-1865, [between 1847 and 1890]
14. Great Britain - Officials and employees, [between 1847 and 1890]
15. Governors general - Canada, 1867-1868.
16. Indians of North America - Six Nations, 1861-1868.
17. Free trade, 1847-1890.
19. Great Britain
Other system control no.
- Date modified: