To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
1 microfilm reel.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of copies of key constitutional documents which have been made several times in photostatic or photographic format from the "copy of record" preserved in the House of Lords Record Office. The most complete set is the facsimiles on parchment for five Acts of 1774-1982 and the Proclamation of 1763. These duplicate the photostatic copies for four Acts of 1774-1867. They are complemented by photographic and photostatic copies of the Letters Patent granting Royal Assent to the Act of Union, 1840 and the British North America Act, 1867, and by photographs of the Statute of Westminster, 1931. Copying of other records from the House of Lords has been limited to microfilm of selections from the printed sessional papers (Accounts and Papers), volume LXXV/94. Included in horizontal storage: letters patent, British North America Act, 1867, container 5.
Microfilm reel B-359
from 1 to 4
Textual records The finding aid identifies the type of copy and number of pages for each of the various reproductions available here, including a detailed list of negative numbers for the black and white photographs and the color transparencies. The introduction to FA 2050 discusses the official translation of state records, the availability of printed texts and the choice of an optimum text for reference, legal, exhibition or other use. MSS2050 90 (Electronic)
Location of originals note
1. Great Britain: Proclamation of 1763.
2. Royal Proclamation of 7 October 1763.
3. Great Britain: Quebec Act, 1774.
4. Great Britain: Constitutional Act, 1791.
5. Great Britain: Act of Union, 1840.
6. Great Britain: British North America Act, 1867.
7. Great Britain: Statute of Westminster, 1931.
8. Grande Bretagne: Acte de l'Amérique Britannique du Nord, 1867.
9. Great Britain: Canada Act 1982.
10. Grande Bretagne: la loi de 1982 sur le Canada.
Other system control no.
- Date modified: