To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Description found in Archives
Place of creation
Scope and content
Fonds consists of papers of William R. McIntyre, documenting his career as a Judge with the Supreme Court of Canada between 1979 and 1989. The papers consists principally of personal files, speeches and case note books that were accumulated during his ten years as a Supreme Court Judge.
Textual Record: Finding Aid no. 1830 consists of a list of file titles, organized alphabetically in three series. MSS1830 (Paper)
Biography / Administrative history
Mr. William R. McIntyre was born in 1918 at Lachine, Quebec and was educated at the Central Collegiate Institute, Moose Jaw; and the University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon. During World War II, he served with the Royal Canadian Artillery, trained as an ariel observation pilot and served with the 666 Aerial Observation Squadron. In 1947, he was called to the Bars of Saskatchewan and British Columbia and practiced law in Victoria, B.C. until 1967. In that year, he was appointed Justice to the Supreme Court of British Columbia and remained in that capacity until he was appointed a member of the Justice Court of Appeal for B.C. in 1973. In 1979, he was appointed a judge of the Supreme Court of Canada and served in that position until his retirement ten years later.
Source of title
1. Judges - Canada, 1979-1989 Canada. Supreme Court, 1979-1989.
2. Law - Canada - Cases, 1984-1989 Canada. Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, 1979-1989.
3. Educational law and legislation - Canada, 1979-1989.
4. Canada - Constitutional law - Amendments, [1979-1989]
5. Civil rights - Canada, [1979-1989]
6. Television broadcasting of court proceedings - Canada, [1979-1989]
7. Ethics - Canada, [1979-1988]
8. Evidence (Law) - Canada, [1979-1988]
9. Law - Public opinion, [1979-1988]
10. Activism - Law and legislation, [1979-1988]
11. Law - Canada, [1979-1988]
Other system control no.
Related control no.
- Date modified: