To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Description found in Archives
Fonds consists of
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
278 photographs b&w and col.
2 postal covers first day 10.5 x 24 cm.
1 print photomechanical.
6 architectural drawings
Language of material
Scope and content
Fonds consists of material relating to Roland Michener's career as Provincial Secretary of Ontario, Speaker of the House of Commons, High Commissioner to India, Governor General of Canada, as well as to various charities and organizations which Michener continued to support after his retirement as Governor General in January, 1974. This material includes: correspondence, itineraries, timetables, speeches, invitations, and appointment books. Fonds also contains postal material including two House of Commons cachet first day of issue covers commemorating the 1983 Royal Visit to Canada and the opening of the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting in Ottawa. Both covers are autographed by Queen Elizabeth II. One cover contains an example of the 1973 Royal visit commemorative stamp (see: Scott #620 - issued 12 August 1973), tied to cover with a House of Commons day of issue machine cancellation. The other cover contains an example of the 1973 Royal visit commemorative stamp (see: Scott #621 - issued 2 August 1973) also tied to cover with a House of Commons day of issue cancellation. Fonds also contains photographic material depicting events and individuals associated with the life and career of Roland Michener. Fonds also includes one photomechanical print of the bookplate of Roland Michener, Governor-General of Canada, 1967-1974. Copy of work by Gordon Macpherson. Fonds consists of miscellaneous maps of British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec dating 1896 to 1933. Also federal electoral maps of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland dating 1948-1953. There is an atlas entitled: The Western Front at a Glance. A Large Scale Atlas of the Allies Fighting Line in the West with Index. There are architectural drawings relating to Rideau Hall, dating 1972-1973.
Conditions of access
Four photographs of Ambassadors and Heads of State meeting the Micheners: Closed. Written permission is required from the donor for use or reproduction. Various copyrights. Credit: name of photographer / National Archives of Canada / copy negative number.
All other photographs: no restrictions on use or reproduction. Various copyrights on items less than 50 years old; copyright expired on items greater than 50 years old. Copyright is unknown on undated material. Credit: name of photographer / National Archives of Canada / copy negative number.
Philatelic material: no restrictions on use or reproduction. Copyright: Canada Post Corporation. Credit: Canadian Postal Archives.
Photomechanical print: no restrictions on use for reproduction or diffusion. Copyright: unknown. Credit: National Archives of Canada.
Cartographic material; architectural, technical drawings: No restrictions. Reproduction subject to Copyright Act regulations. Credit Library and Archives Canada.
Textual records: Finding aid 1913 is a file list. MSS1913 (Paper)
Textual records: Finding aid. MSS1913 (Electronic)
Photographic: See "Photographic inventories, indexes, and caption lists arranged by accession number." FA-500 (Paper)
Cartographic material; architectural, technical drawing Please consult lower level descriptions. Finding aid is available for consultation. Michener, Roland 923025. 90 (Paper)
Creator / Provenance
1. Prospecting, [1922-1941]
2. Mines and mineral resources, [1922-1941]
3. Commonwealth Petroleum, [1922-1941]
4. Petroleum - Prospecting, [1922-1941]
5. Canadian Institute of International Affairs, n.d., 1944-1988]
6. Michener (family)
7. Religion, [1870-1947]
8. Katimavik, [1921-1984]
9. Election districts - Ontario - Toronto, [1921-1985]
10. Pamour Porcupine Mines, [1921-1984]
11. Toronto (Ont.) - Constituents (Political), [1921-1985]
12. Canadian University Services Overseas, [1921-1984]
13. Constituents (Political) - Ontario, [1921-1985]
14. Royal Canadian Legion, [1921-1984]
15. Pierre Trudeau - Oratory, [1944-1988]
16. Board of Trade Club, [1921-1984]
17. Escott Reid - Oratory, [1944-1988]
18. European Economic Community, [1900, 1943-1964]
19. Employment, [1945-1970]
20. Queen's University (Kingston, Ont.), [1974-1983]
21. Canada - Emigration and immigration, [1945-1970]
22. Queen's University (Kingston, Ont.). Centre for International Relations, [1974-1983]
23. Diplomatic and consular service, Canadian - India, [1945-1970]
24. Progressive Conservative Party of Canada, [1939-1964]
25. High Commissioner to India, [1945-1970]
26. Governors general - Canada, [1967-1973]
27. Governors general - Canada - Correspondence, [1967-1973]
28. Lieutenant governors - Canada, [1956-1983]
29. Youth - Societies and clubs, [1967-1985]
30. Heads of state, [1967-1985]
31. Degrees, Academic, [1967-1985]
32. Monarchy, [1967-1985]
33. Commonwealth, [1967-1985]
34. Great Britain - Foreign relations - Canada, [1967-1985]
35. Diplomacy - India, [1962-1981]
36. India - Politics and government, [1962-1981]
37. Politicians - Ontario, 1946-1948.
38. Federal-provincial relations - Canada, [1939-1964]
39. Election campaigns - Canada, [1939-1964]
40. Political parties - Canada, [1939-1964]
41. Elections - Ontario - Toronto, [1939-1964]
42. Universities and colleges - Ontario - Faculty, [1974-1983]
43. Queen's University (Kingston, Ont.) - Faculty, [1974-1983]
44. Canada. Parliament - Speaker, [1943-1964]
45. Legislative bodies - Canada - Presiding officer, [1900, 1943-1964]
46. Legislative bodies - Canada, [1900, 1943-1964]
47. Opera - Canada, [1921-1984]
48. Fishing, [1921-1984]
49. Foreign relations
51. Great Britain.
52. Relations extérieures
54. Politics and government.
55. Politique et gouvernement .
56. Michener, Edward,
57. Centre québécois de relations internationales (CQRI)
58. Michener (famille)
59. Hommes politiques
64. Forces armées.
65. Armed Forces.
Other system control no.
Related control no.
1. 1974-079 NPC
2. 1976-050 PIC
3. 1992-265 DAP
4. 1992-684 DAP
- Date modified: