To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Series part of
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Language of material
Scope and content
Series consists of general operational records created and/or maintained by the Peterborough District Office and its predecessors. The series contains mainly files dealing with operational and general agency administration relating to subjects such as agency office, welfare assistance, expenditure, fire hoses, school transport, etc. Included are records relating to Golden Lake, St. Regis, Tyendinaga and Peterborough.
Conditions of access
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Finding aid 10-180 is a typed file list. 10-180 90 (Paper)
Biography / Administrative history
Following the creation of the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development in 1966, agencies were joined to form larger administrative units called districts. The amalgamation of the Kingston District and the Georgian Bay District resulted in the creation of the Peterborough District office 1 September 1976. Peterborough was responsible for the following: Alderville (1976-1989), Chippewas of Beausoleil Island (1976-1989), Chippewas of Georgina Island (1976-1989), Chippewas of Rama (1976-1989), Curve Lake (1976-1989), Gibson (1976-1989), Golden Lake (1976-1989), Hiawatha (1976-1989), Iroquois of St. Regis (1976-1985), Magnetawan (1976-1977), Mississaugas of Scugog (1976-1989), Mohawks of Akwesasne (1985-1989), Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte (1976-1989), Moose Deer Point (1976-1989), Parry Island (1976-1989), and Shawanaga (1976-1977). Peterborough District became part of the Southern District 1 April 1989. Finding aid 10-157: Guide to Indian Affairs Field Office Organization in Ontario, 1845-1990
Related control no.
1. 1979-80/110 GAD
- Date modified: