To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Series consists of
Series part of
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Language of material
Scope and content
Series consists of records created and/or maintained by E Division. The records include letterbooks, daily orders, daily journals and operational records.
Conditions of access
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Biography / Administrative history
The mounted party of 275 officers and men of the fledgling North-West Mounted police that left Fort Dufferin, Manitoba in 1874 were divided into six troops or divisions, identified by letters "A" through "F". E Division was initially located in Fort Swan. Between 1876 to 1919 it was stationed at following locations: Fort Walsh (1876-1877), Battleford (1877-1879), Fort Walsh (1880-1881), Calgary (1882-1919). In 1919 E Division was assigned to Vancouver, B.C., where it remained until it was relocated to Victoria in 1950. In 1977 the division was split between Victoria and Vancouver. This split command lasted until 1982 when Vancouver was designated the sole headquarters. E Division is currently under the direction of the Deputy Commissioner North West Region. RCMP website,
Related control no.
1. 1985-86/322 GAD
2. 1997-0407 MISA
- Date modified: