To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Description found in Archives
Series consists of
Series part of
1. Dossiers du registre central de la Division de la politique fiscale [document textuel]
2. Dossiers du registre central de la Division de la politique fiscale [document textuel] (1998-00643-3)
3. Dossiers du registre central de la Division de la politique fiscale [document textuel] (2002-01043-9)
4. Operational records of Finance Department [textual record] (2003-02484-0)
5. Operational records of Fiscal Policy Division [textual record] (2005-00441-3)
6. Files of Fiscal Policy Division [textual record] (2005-00563-0)
7. Records of Fiscal Policy and Economic Analysis Branch [textual record] (2005-00605-X)
8. Records of Fiscal Policy and Economic Analysis Branch [textual record] (2006-00180-9)
9. Dossiers de la Direction de la politique fiscale et de l'analyse économique [document textuel] (2007-00300-7)
10. Dossiers de la Division de la politique fiscale [document textuel] (2007-00306-6)
11. Operational records of Fiscal Policy Division [textual record] (2009-00928-2)
12. Operational records of Fiscal Policy Division [textual record] (2010-00226-1)
[1900-1991, predominant 1963-1993]
Place of creation
Scope and content
Series consists of central registry files.
Copyright belongs to the Government of Canada.
Textual records The finding aid consist of volume number, file number, file part, title and outside dates. Excel 19-56 90 (Electronic)
Biography / Administrative history
The Fiscal Policy Division plays the primary role in analyzing the financial requirements of the government and tracking the developing fiscal positions of other levels of government. It also has lead responsibility for analysis and advice on the government's fiscal framework and for co-ordinating the department's advice to the Minister on overall spending priorities. As well, the division prepares the department's monthly publication, The Fiscal Monitor. As a result of its responsibilities, the division plays a key role in the budgetary process and drafting budgetary papers. In addition, the division reviews the form and content of the Public Accounts and other statements for which the Minister has responsibility under the Financial Administration Act. The division is a part of the Economic and Fiscal Policy Branch.
The work of the division takes place within three groups. The Revenue Forecasting and Analysis and Expenditure Forecasting and Analysis groups prepare the forecasts and analyses of the government's fiscal position, and monitor revenue and expenditure developments that are basic to decisions on fiscal policy and debt management. In addition, these two groups develop policy options in support of the government's fiscal objectives. Forecasts are prepared on both the public accounts and national income and expenditure accounts basis. The Provincial and Local Government Forecasting and Analysis group tracks the fiscal position of other levels of government, both domestically and internationally, for the purpose of understanding their impact on the economy and their financial implications.
Related control no.
10. 1997-98/492 GAD
11. 2004-0431 OFRC
12. 98-0831 OFRC
13. 98-0831 OFRC
14. O98-0831 OFRC
- Date modified: