To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Description found in Archives
Series part of
1. Canada. Wartime Information Board collection [graphic material]
2. Canada. Wartime Information Board collection [graphic material]
3. Canada. Wartime Information Board. Victory Bond Campaign collection [graphic material]
4. Canada. Wartime Information Board collection [graphic material]
5. Canada. Wartime Information Board (WIB) [graphic material] National Film Board of Canada
6. Canada. Wartime Information Board Collection [graphic material]
7. Canada. Commission de l'information en temps de guerre [documents iconographiques] Office national du film
Place of creation
Scope and content
Series consists of registry files no. 121-7 and 129W dealing with the activities of the Wartime Information Board. These records have become a part of the Department of Finance fonds because of the department's role as a central agency whose terms of reference extend to financial matters across all government activities.
Copyright belongs to the Government of Canada.
Textual records The finding aid consist of volume number, file number, title and outside dates. 19-33 90 (Paper)
Biography / Administrative history
The Wartime Information Board was established in September 1942 (PC 8099) to co-ordinate federal information services during the war, and existed as an enlarged version of its predecessor the Bureau of Public Information. The Board assumed all powers of public information for the duration of the war, and was responsible directly to the Prime Minister. The Board was absorbed by the Canadian Information Service 28 September 1945.
Related control no.
1. 1958-226 NPC
2. 1969-006 PIC
3. 1975-032 PIC
4. 1981-035 PIC
5. 1983-030 PIC
6. 1984-121 PIC
- Date modified: