To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Series consists of
Series part of
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Scope and content
Series consists of records created and/or maintained by D Division. The records include operational records, letterbooks, letterpress book of telegrams, daily orders, daily diaries, and correspondence.
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Biography / Administrative history
The mounted party of 275 officers and men of the fledgling North-West Mounted police that left Fort Dufferin, Manitoba in 1874 were divided into six troops or divisions, identified by letters "A" through "F". D Division was initially located in Fort Dufferin. Between 1876 to 1919 it was stationed at following locations: Fort Macleod (1876-1877), Shoal Lake (1878-1879), Battleford (1880-1886), Fort Macleod (1886), Fort Steele (1887-1889), Fort Macleod (1889-1919). In 1919 D Division was assigned to Winnipeg, Manitoba, where it is currently under the direction of the Deputy Commissioner North West Region. RCMP website,
Related control no.
1. 1997-0416 MISA
- Date modified: