To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Series consists of
Series part of
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Scope and content
Series consists of records created and/or maintained by F Division. The records include letterbooks, a letterpress book of telegrams, weekly reports, daily orders, daily diaries, reports and operational records. With the exception of the operational records sub-series, most of the records in this series were created when F Division was based in Prince Albert.
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Biography / Administrative history
The mounted party of 275 officers and men of the fledgling North-West Mounted police that left Fort Dufferin, Manitoba in 1874 were divided into six troops or divisions, identified by letters "A" through "F". F Division was initially located at Fort Macleod. In 1876 it moved to Fort Calgary. Two years later it was assigned to Fort Walsh. The designation "F" was not in use from 1881 to 1885. F Division was resurrected and assigned to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan in 1886. The Division assumed the functions of the Saskatchewan Provincial Police in 1928. In 1932 it was assigned to Regina where it is currently under the direction of the Deputy Commissioner North West Region. RCMP website,
- Date modified: