To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Series consists of
Series part of
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
14 technical drawings
7 architectural drawings
Language of material
Scope and content
Series consists of records created and/or maintained by Headquarters Division. The series includes operational records as well as records from Chesterfield Inlet, Bache Peninsula and other northern detachments. The architectural and technical drawings pertain to the Regina Chapel and the schooner St. Roch.
Conditions of access
Access restrictions may vary. Please con
sult the access list.
Copyright belongs to the Crown. Credit Library and Archives Canada.
Architectural, technical drawings Finding aid is available in the main reference room. Note that the date given for item #17 in the finding aid should read 1972, not 1872. RG18M 90140. 90 (Paper)
Biography / Administrative history
In 1920, A Division in Maple Creek was reassigned to the National Capital Region in Ottawa where it became known as Headquarters Division. Headquarters was briefly absorbed by A Division between 1947 and 1953. The following year Headquarters was reinstated as a division and retained divisional status until 1987. National Headquarters is currently composed of directorates under the responsibility of the Deputy Commissioner National Headquarters. During the period when M Division was discontinued, 1931-1974, the detachments formerly part of M Division reported to the Commanding Officer, Headquarters Division, Ottawa. These detachments included the posts in Chesterfield Inlet and Bache Peninsula.
Source of title
Related control no.
1. 1997-0407 MISA
2. 901-40 CA
5. RG18M 90140
- Date modified: