To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Series consists of
Series part of
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Language of material
Scope and content
Series consists of records created and/or maintained by the Parry Sound Agency. The series includes general operational records, central registry files, and paylists.
Conditions of access
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Biography / Administrative history
While the Parry Sound Agency in Ontario seems to have evolved out of the Parry Sound Superintendency, the distinction in nomenclature between superintendency and agency is unclear for this office. The 1915 Annual Report is the first to refer to the office as an agency although the officer is still referred to as a superintendent. The agency was responsible for: Gibson (-1970); Henvey Inlet (-1970); Magnetawan (-1970); Moose Deer Point (-1970); Parry Island (-1970); and Shawanaga (-1970). On 1 April 1970 the agency became part of the Georgian Bay District. Finding aid 10-157: Guide to Indian Affairs Field Office Organization in Ontario, 1845-1990.
- Date modified: