To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Series consists of
Series part of
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Language of material
Added language of material: French
Scope and content
Series consists of records created and/or maintained by the Pointe-Bleue Agency. The series includes land records and a cash book.
Conditions of access
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Biography / Administrative history
The first Pointe-Bleue Agency was created in 1895. While there seems to be some evidence that the Pointe-Bleue Agency existed before 1871, other sources indicate that the Montagnais Band of Lake St. John at this time formed part of the Lake St. John Agency. The Sainte-Anne Band became part of the Pointe-Bleue Agency in 1911. In 1963 and 1965, the Mistassini and Weymontachie Bands and the Magowan Band were transferred from the Abitibi Agency to the Pointe-Bleue Agency. In 1967 the Obedjiwan Band was transferred from the Abitibi Agency to the Pointe-Bleue Agency, which was then was renamed the Pointe Bleue-District. Regional Administrative Histories, 1958-1990, (Bands, Agencies, Districts). Unpublished draft in the possession of the RG10 archivist, prepared by Peter Kiefl et al.
Finding aid 10-249: Guide des bureaux locaux au Québec, vers 1763 à 1995.
- Date modified: