To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Sub-series part of
1. Immigration case files of Canada Immigration Centre, Lethbridge, Alberta [textual record]
2. Immigration case files of Canadian Immigration Centre, Lethbridge, Alberta, [textual record] (122-000133-3)
3. Immigration case files of Canada Immigration Centre, Lethbridge, Alberta [textual record] (1996-01463-3)
4. Immigration case files of Lethbrige, Alberta Region [textual record] (1996-01596-6)
5. Immigration case files of Canada Immigration Centre, Lethbridge, Alberta. [textual record] (1998-00967-X)
6. Immigration case files of Canada Immigration Centre, Lethbridge, Alberta. [textual record] (2003-01397-0)
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Scope and content
This is a preliminary record, please consult the linked accessions. Sub-series consists of immigration case files created and/or maintained by the Lethbridge Canada Immigration Centre.
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Biography / Administrative history
The Lethbridge Canada Immigration Centre (CIC) was a responsibility centre and office of record for the acceptance of immigrants and control of immigration irregularities at the field office level. The Lethbridge CIC was a primary contact in Alberta for new immigrants and for persons wishing to sponsor the immigration of relatives abroad. As was the case with other CICs located in all Canadian cities and larger towns, the Lethbridge CIC also undertook responsibilities such as the investigation of immigration irregularities and representing the department at formal inquiry hearings involving refused claims, deportations, and exclusions.
Related control no.
2. 1994-95/121 GAD
3. 1994-95/133 GAD
4. 1996-97/464 GAD
5. 1996-97/597 GAD
6. 90-68 EFRC
7. 91-171 EFRC
8. 93-01-20 EFRC
9. 94-04-14 EFRC
- Date modified: