To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Sub-series part of
1. Canadian Immigration Centre, Gander, Newfoundland Case Files, Unusual and/or prohibited classes [textual records]
2. Operational Immigration Case Files [textual records] (123-000400-9)
3. Case files of the Immigration Program, various immigration centres, Newfoundland [textual record] (1998-00127-X)
4. Immigration case files [textual record] (2003-00943-4)
5. Immigration case files [textual record] (2003-00948-5)
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Scope and content
This is a preliminary record, please consult the linked accessions. Sub-series consists of immigration case files created and/or maintained by the Gander Canada Immigration Centre.
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Biography / Administrative history
The Gander Canada Immigration Centre (CIC) was a responsibility centre and office of record for the acceptance of immigrants and control of immigration irregularities at the field office level. The Gander CIC was a primary contact in Newfoundland for most new immigrants and for persons wishing to sponsor the immigration of relatives abroad. As was the case with other CICs located in all Canadian cities and larger towns, the Gander CIC also undertook responsibilities such as the investigation of immigration irregularities and representing the department at formal inquiry hearings involving refused claims, deportations, and exclusions.
Related control no.
3. 1993-94/310 GAD
4. 1995-96/400 GAD
5. 90-0182-02 HFRC
6. 90-0234-00 HFRC
7. 96-0201-00 HFRC
8. 97-0903-00 HFRC
9. HFRC#86-143 HFRC
- Date modified: