To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Sub-series part of
1. Case files of the Canada Immigration Centre, Halifax, N.S. [textual record]
2. Case files of the Canada Immigration Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia [textual record] (1998-01440-1)
3. Immigration case files [textual record] (2003-00934-5)
4. Personal immigration case files [textual record] (2003-00936-1)
5. Case files of Canada Immigration Centre, Halifax [textual record] (2004-00860-1)
6. Case files of Canada Immigration Centre, Halifax [textual record] (2004-00861-X)
7. Case files of Canada Immigration Centre, Halifax [textual record] (2004-00862-8)
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Scope and content
This is a preliminary record, please consult the linked accessions. Sub-series consists of immigration case files created and/or accumulated at the Halifax CIC. The records document particulars of each applicant such as date of birth, country of origin, occupation and other important dates.
Copyright belongs to the Crown. Credit Library and Archives Canada.
Biography / Administrative history
The Halifax Canada Immigration Centre (CIC) was a responsibility centre and office of record for the acceptance of immigrants and control of immigration irregularities at the field office level. The Halifax CIC was a primary contact in Nova Scotia for most new immigrants and for persons wishing to sponsor the immigration of relatives abroad. As was the case with other CICs located in all Canadian cities and larger towns, the Halifax CIC also undertook responsibilities such as the investigation of immigration irregularities and representing the department at formal inquiry hearings involving refused claims, deportations, and exclusions.
Related control no.
2. 00-1007-01 HFRC
3. 00-1205-12 HFRC
4. 02-0309-07 HFRC
5. 93-1028-00 HFRC
6. 93-1108-00 HFRC
7. 94-0827-00 HFRC
8. 97-0904-00 HFRC
- Date modified: