To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Description found in Archives
July 15, 1930
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Support: 40.600 x 30.500 cm
Scope and content
This work was apparently done to commemorate the province's achievement in gaining control over its natural resources from the federal government in 1930.
The building was begun in 1913, completed in 1920. Architect was F. W. Simon. A Neo-classical structure with a gilded heroic youth atop the dome, who holds a torch of progress towards the Northwest.
Mathew C. Towers was an artist living in Leaside, Ontario in 1930.
The artist also studied and worked in Winnipeg prior to moving to Ontario. See artist file for information obtained from the Winnipeg Art Gallery.
The dates of the artist are birth date: ca. 1900 (based on his activity) and death date 1972 ? obtained from the information sheet obtained from the Winnipeg Art Gallery.
Physical access through an art archivist
Copy negative C-041700
A271-01 Item no. assigned by LAC 92
Credit: Library and Archives Canada, Acc. No. 1971-64-92
Copyright: Estate of the artist
Signatures and inscriptions
Varying form of title
2. GEOG - SASK., REGINA - BUILDINGS, PARLIAMENT BLDGS.
Other system control no.
- Date modified: