Credit: Library and Archives Canada/PA-191438 Restrictions on use: Nil Copyright: Expired
View of the grist and flour mill (stone building in the centre) begun 1859-60, the saw mill (wooden building to the left), begun 1858-59, and the Dickinson house, begun 1868, and the carriage sheds (on the right). The building on the extreme right side is possibly the Clapp barn. The frame building on the far left has not been identified. The control dam, begun ca. 1858, is situated between the saw and grist mills. The first bridge is located in front of the grist mill and was built on the back channel of the Rideau River. The first owners of the grist mill were Moss Kent Dickinson and Joseph Currier, and is currently referred to as Watson's Mill (2009). For more information about the mill, visit the Watson Mill web site.