To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Description found in Archives
Place of creation
Scope and content
Map covers the area west from Hudson Bay east to the west coast of Greenland, north to Baffin Island and south to mainland Newfoundland.
Conditions of access
Original can be viewed in the presence o
f an early cartographic archivist.
262 Item no. assigned by LAC 262
Credit Library and Archives Canada. Copyright expired.
Includes rumb lines characteristic of sea charts and illustrations of sailing ships.
Map contains two title cartouches, one in Latin and the other in Dutch.
Appears to be from Louis Renard's "Atlas de la Navigation, et du Commernce quise fait dans toute les parties du monde".
Alexander E. MacDonald Canadiana Collection # 262
Source of title
Cartographic math data
Citation / reference note
Kershaw, entry 211, p.198.
Koeman, vol. 4, entry Ren 1, p. 432-433. Koeman, vol. 4, entry Ren 2, p. 433-434.
Copy / version note
Varying form of title
1. Nautical charts - North America - Early works to 1800.
2. Nautical charts - Canada, northern - Early works to 1800.
3. Early works to 1800.
4. Canada, Eastern
5. Hudson Bay - Maps - Early works to 1800.
6. Navigation - Canada - Early works to 1800.
7. Nautical charts - Greenland - Early works to 1800.
8. Navigation - Greenland - Early works to 1800.
9. Davis Strait - Maps - Early works to 1800.
- Date modified: