To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Description found in Archives
Fonds consists of
Place of creation
Language of material
Scope and content
Fonds consists of correspondence, election and land records of John Young, 1788-1838, including the "First Poll Book used in Canada, Quebec general election, 1792", and a series of letters from His Royal Highness Edward, Duke of Kent to John Young. Also included are correspondence, commission, despatches and police records, 1804-1853, of Thomas Ainslie Young including his Commission as Superintendent of Quebec City police, 1838.
Textual records The finding aid describes the papers, which are in rough chronological order. MSS1010 90 (Electronic)
Creator / Provenance
Biography / Administrative history
John Young was a member of the Executive Council of Lower Canada from 1794 until his death in 1819. His son, Thomas Ainslie Young was appointed Superintendent of the Quebec City Police in 1838.
1. Land records - Lower Canada, 1788-1838
2. Edward Augustus, Duke of Kent, [1788-1820]
3. Quebec (Lower Canada) - Police, 1804-1853.
4. Elections - Lower Canada, 1788-1838.
5. Police - Records and correspondence - Quebec (Lower Canada), 1804-1853.
6. Rebellion, 1837-1838 - Lower Canada, 1838-1839.
Other system control no.
- Date modified: