To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Description found in Archives
Place of creation
Scope and content
Fonds consists of letters from Andrew William Cochran to his family, in Windsor and Halifax 1812-1816. The letters contain some commentary of the War of 1812 and other events. A few drafts of letters written by his brother James, are included. These letters also contain valuable commentary on English society in Quebec City, and important figures of the time such as Prevost, Mountain, Sewell, Ryland and Burton.
No finding aid
Biography / Administrative history
Andrew William Cochran, public servant, was Assistant Civil Secretary in Lower Canada, 1812-1816 and Civil Secretary, from 1816-1818. He was a member of the Executive Council of Lower Canada, as well as holding other offices from 1827-1841. He resumed his legal practice in 1841.
1. Windsor (Ont.) - Family, [1812-1816] James Cochran.
2. Halifax (N.S.) - Family, [1812-1816] Prevost.
3. Canada - History - War of 1812, [1812-1816] Mountain.
4. British - Quebec (Province), [1812-1854] Sewell.
5. Quality of life - Quebec (Province), [1812-1854] Ryland.
Other system control no.
- Date modified: