Recherche de fonds d'archives
Pour formuler un commentaire, veuillez communiquer avec firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention : La notice descriptive est en traitement. Il se peut que ces documents ne soient pas encore disponibles pour fin de consultation.
Description trouvée dans les archives
Lieu de création
Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminé
187 photograhs b&w.
Portée et contenu
Fonds consists of correspondence, documenting the career highlights of Sitwell's life, 1891-1919; newspaper clippings, relating to military exercises in Canada, 1907-1909; lectures, entitled "The Native Rebellions in Rhodesia, 1896-1897", "A Scout is born - not made but much that is lacking in birth may be made up for by careful training", "Mashonaland" and "Matabeland", 1900 and 1909; and daily journals, consisting of daily entries largely referring to the Intelligence Department, Militia Headquarters, 1904-1906. Fonds also consists of snapshots documenting the activities of Major Lawrence H. Sitwell, Canadian Corps between 1902 and 1917.
Aucun instrument de recherche
Biographie / Histoire administrative
Lawrence Hart Sitwell, born in Montreal, was educated in England and Ireland. He obtained his first commission in the Durham Light Infantry, resigning it in order to go to South Africa and enlist in the Rhodesia Horse. After having fought in the Zulu War Campaign of 1896-1897, he returned to Canada and was employed by the Dominion of Canada Lands Surveyor Department and then the Dominion Boundary Commission. He returned to military life in 1903 and served with the Militia Intelligence Staff in Ottawa and was attached to the headquarters staff.
1. Lawrence Hart Sitwell - Career in Military, [1896-1907] Intelligence Department, Militia Headquarters, 1904-1906.
2. Lawrence Hart Sitwell - Correspondence, [1891-1918] The Native Rebellions in Rhodesia, [1896-1897]
3. Military intelligence - Canada, [1904-1906] A Scout is born - not made but much that is lacking in birth may be made up for by careful training.
4. Military operations - Canada, [1904-1906] Mashonaland.
5. Lawrence Hart Sitwell - Diaries, [1904-1906] Matabeland.
6. Lectures and lecturing, [1891-1918]
No de contrôle d'autres systèmes
No de contrôl reliés
- Date de modification :