Recherche de fonds d'archives
Pour formuler un commentaire, veuillez communiquer avec firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention : La notice descriptive est en traitement. Il se peut que ces documents ne soient pas encore disponibles pour fin de consultation.
Description trouvée dans les archives
Lieu de création
815 photographs b&w.
Portée et contenu
Fonds consists of scrapbooks, 1890-1959; clippings, 1932-1966; annual reports and programme books, 1907-1960; genealogical material, 1748-1970, and related material, 1864-1968. The fonds also contains photographs showing J.G. Gaudaur winning a world rowing championship, London, England, 1896; celebration of the relief of Ladysmith, Orillia, Ont., 1900; Orillia, Barrie, Lake Couchiching, Ont., Dawson, Yukon; group shots of orchestra, hockey, and lacrosse teams, Orillia, Ont., 1895-1896; University of Toronto Lacrosse Team, 1902; Canadian Lacrosse teams of 1902 and 1907; members of the Curran family; and yachting and curling scenes, 1886-ca. 1937. There are also photographs of the mining boom at Cobalt, Ont., 1905; and members of the Curran family, ca. 1855-ca. 1926.
Photographs: No restrictions on use. Copyright expired. Credit: name of photographer / National Archives of Canada / copy negative number.
Textual records The finding aid is a descriptive file list of the textual records, volumes 1 to 5. MSS0864 90 (Électronique)
Biographie / Histoire administrative
John E.G. Curran, sportsman, was born in 1874 at Toronto, Ont., and moved to Orillia, Ont. with his family at an early age. He was a member of the Orillia Lacrosse team that won both the Ontario intermediate and senior championships in 1898 and a member of the intermediate championship team of 1904. In 1902 he was with the Toronto Lacrosse team that played exhibition games throughout England and Ireland and, in 1907, played with the All-Ontario team that toured Australia. Active in the Orillia Curling Club, he was a member of the rink that won the Governor General's Cup. He was a member of the first Orillia Hockey team organized in 1895 and played for many years in the Northern League and the Ontario Hockey Association. A keen yachtsman and canoeist, he was long associated with the Orillia Yacht Club.
1. Scrapbooks - Canada, [1890-1959] Jake Gaudaur, [1932-1960]
2. Lacrosse - Canada, [1890-1959] Walter Knox, [1932-1966]
3. Sports - Canada, [1890-1959] Jake Gaudaur, [1932-1966]
4. Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.), [1932-1960] Manual for Female Servants, 1867.
5. Ontario Curling Club - Records and correspondence, [1907-1960] Cummicants Manual, 1883.
6. Jennie Curran - Diaries, [1870-1914] The Varsity, 1908.
7. Orillia Mechanics Institute - Minutes, [1864-1972] The Certitude of Probability, [1950-1968]
8. Orillia Curling Club - Records and correspondence, [1907-1960] "The Theory of Absolute Relativity", [1950-1968]
9. John Curtis - Will, 1748 E. D. Curran, [1950-1968]
10. Evan Evans - Will, 1812.
11. Curran family - Genealogy, [1748-1970]
No de contrôle d'autres systèmes
No de contrôl reliés
1. 1973-085 NPC
2. 1973-179 NPC
- Date de modification :