Recherche de fonds d'archives
Pour formuler un commentaire, veuillez communiquer avec email@example.com
Attention : La notice descriptive est en traitement. Il se peut que ces documents ne soient pas encore disponibles pour fin de consultation.
Description trouvée dans les archives
Lieu de création
Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminé
307 photographs b&w.
Portée et contenu
Fonds consists of diaries of John Davidson Craig and William Harold Grant while on the Canadian Government Expedition of 1922 to the Arctic, 1922, 10 cm (volume 1); two scrapbooks prepared by W.H. Grant for the periods 1911-1935 and 1936-1954, 7.5 cm; and material relating to Henry Herbert Stevens including correspondence, memoranda and clippings, 1968-1974, 2.5 cm (volume 2). The fonds also contains photographs of the Arctic expedition, 1922.
Photographs: No restrictions. Copyright expired.
Aucun instrument de recherche
Biographie / Histoire administrative
W.H. Grant enlisted in the Canadian Army at age 14 and served in France for 15 months as a Gunner until he was wounded at Vimy Ridge in 1917. On his return to Canada he served as a guard at Fort Henry. He then joined the CNR as a clerk. In 1922, he was seconded to serve as secretary to J.D. Craig, officer in charge of the Expedition of the Arctic to the Arctic Archipelago.
During the 1925 and 1926 elections, he served as Travelling Secretary to Prime Minister Arthur Meighen. W.H. Grant was Private Secretary to three ministers of Trade and Commerce: Henry Herbert Stevens 1930-1934, Richard Burpee Hanson, 1934-1935 and William Daum Euler 1935-1936. From 1936 to 1966, he was chief of the Export Marketing Division of the Department of Trade and Commerce's Foreign Trade Service.
1. John Davidson Craig - Diaries, 1922 John Davidson, 1922.
2. Arctic regions - Discovery and exploration - Canadian, 1922 Canadian Government Expedition 1922.
3. Arctic regions - Exploring expeditions, 1922 Department of Trade and Commerce, [1911-1974]
4. Arctic regions - Description and travel, 1922 H.H. Stevens, [1911-1974]
5. Canada - Armed Forces - Military life, [1911-1974] John Monro, [1911-1974]
6. Canada - Officals and employees, [1911-1974] R.B. Bennett, 1934.
No de contrôle d'autres systèmes
No de contrôl reliés
- Date de modification :