Recherche de fonds d'archives
Pour formuler un commentaire, veuillez communiquer avec firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention : La notice descriptive est en traitement. Il se peut que ces documents ne soient pas encore disponibles pour fin de consultation.
Description trouvée dans les archives
Fonds se compose de
Structure du classement
Lieu de création
Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminé
2 photographs b&w.
Langue du document
Portée et contenu
Fonds consists of the following series: Personal correspondence, 1915-1968; Department of External Affairs files, 1920-1941; Memorabilia, 1957. Two photographs, ca. 1935-ca. 1960, depict Norman A. Robertson on board the SS Duchess of Richmond, 1935; Norman A. Robertson with three colleagues by the sea, ca. 1960.
Photographs: No donor restrictions. Various copyrights on items less than 50 years old. Copyright expired on items more than 50 years old. Credit: Name of photographer / National Archives of Canada / Copy negative no.
Instrument de recherche
Textual records The finding aid is a list of file titles. MSS0514 90 (Électronique)
Créateur / Provenance
Biographie / Histoire administrative
Norman A. Robertson, public servant, diplomat, was educated at the University of British Columbia, Oxford and Brookings Institute. He joined the Department of External Affairs in 1929 as third secretary to the Canadian legation, Washington. As well as serving as secretary to the Canadian delegation to the League of Nations, 1930-1931, Robertson served as Canadian delegate to various international conferences and as advisor to Imperial conferences during the 1930s. e was appointed Under-Secretary of State for External Affairs in 1941, and High Commissioner to the United Kingdom in 1946. In 1949, he returned to Canada and was appointed Clerk of the Privy Council and Secretary to the Cabinet.
In 1952 he again became high Commissioner to the U.K., in 1957 Canadian Ambassador to the U.S., and in 1958 was again appointed Under-Secretary of State for External Affairs. Following his retirement from government service in 1965, Robertson lectured on a part time basis in the Department of International Affairs at Carleton University.
See also the Canadian Encyclopedia, 1985, p. 1591.
1. William Lyon Mackenzie King - Authorship, [1915-1968]
2. Oxford University (Oxford, England), [1915-1968]
3. William Lyon Mackenzie King - Estate, [1915-1968]
4. Bilderberg Conference, [1915-1968]
5. Executors and administrators - Canada, [1915-1968]
6. William Lyon Mackenzie King, [1915-1968]
7. Canada - Foreign relations, [1920-1941]
8. League of Nations, [1920-1936]
9. Canada - Officials and employees - Correspondence, [1915-1968]
10. Wheat Advisory Committee, [1928-1938]
11. Norman A. Robertson - Correspondence, [1915-1968]
12. Interdepartmental Committee on Internment Cases, [1939-1941]
13. Speeches, addresses, etc., Canadian, [1915-1968]
14. Universities and colleges - Great Britain, [1915-1968]
15. International agencies, [1920-1936]
16. Agriculture - Congresses, [1928-1938]
17. Wheat, [1928-1938]
18. Commerce, [1920-1941]
19. Commercial treaties, [1920-1936]
20. Grain trade, [1928-1938]
21. Oxford University (Oxford, England) - Students, [1915-1968]
22. World War II - Internment, [1939-1941]
23. Administrative agencies - Canada, [1930-1940]
24. Canada - Diplomatic and consular service, 1957.
25. Diplomats, Canadian - Selection and appointment, 1957.
26. Letters patents - Canada, 1957.
27. Agricultural administration, 1928-1938.
28. College students writings, Canadian - Great Britain, 19-
29. Prime ministers
31. Premiers ministres
32. Imperial Conference (1930: London, England)
33. Imperial Conference (1937: London, England)
34. Politique et gouvernement
36. Politics and government
37. Canada. Dept. of External Affairs.
No de contrôle d'autres systèmes
No de contrôl reliés
- Date de modification :