Recherche de fonds d'archives
Pour formuler un commentaire, veuillez communiquer avec firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention : La notice descriptive est en traitement. Il se peut que ces documents ne soient pas encore disponibles pour fin de consultation.
Description trouvée dans les archives
Série se compose de
Structure du classement
Série fait partie de
Lieu de création
Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminé
Langue du document
Portée et contenu
Series consists of records created and/or maintained by G Division. The records include operational records, letterbooks, daily journals, daily diaries. Some of the records in this series are from such Northern Detachments as Lake Harbour, Chesterfield Inlet, Bache Peninsula and Fort Resolution.
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Biographie / Histoire administrative
G Division was first established at Edmonton in 1885. The following year it was relocated in Fort Saskatchewan where it remained until 1910. The division was located in Edmonton from 1910 until 1934 when it was moved to Ottawa. In 1938 B Division, Yukon Territories, and G Division, Northwest Territories, were amalgamated and their headquarters was located in Ottawa (RCMP, Annual Report,1939, p. 45). Finally, in 1974, the headquarters of G Division was moved to Yellowknife where it is currently under the direction of the Deputy Commissioner North West Region. Northern detachments attached to G Division included posts at Lake Harbour, Chesterfield Inlet, Bache Peninsula and Fort Resolution. In 1903 the most northerly outpost was established on Herschel Island to provide services in the Mackenzie River Area under G Division (NWMP, Annual Report, 1903, pp. 43- 45). G Division is currently responsible for providing community policing services to the entire Northwest Territories. The headquarters is located in Yellowknife and is under the direction of the Deputy Commissioner North West Region. RG18 General Inventory and RCMP website,
No de contrôl reliés
1. 1997-0407 MISA
- Date de modification :