Recherche de fonds d'archives
Pour formuler un commentaire, veuillez communiquer avec email@example.com
Attention : La notice descriptive est en traitement. Il se peut que ces documents ne soient pas encore disponibles pour fin de consultation.
Description trouvée dans les archives
Sous-série se compose de
Structure du classement
Lieu de création
Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminé
Langue du document
Portée et contenu
Sub-series consists of records created and/or maintained by the 4th Canadian Mounted Rifle Battalion, and document many aspects of the battalion's activities.
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Instrument de recherche
Textual records The finding aid's file level descriptions can be accessed through the consists of fields in the MIKAN record. A paper copy is also available in the Reference room. The finding aid is a typed list consisting of volume number, file number, title and outside dates. 9-37-34 90 (Électronique)
Biographie / Histoire administrative
The 4th Canadian Mounted Rifle Battalion was first organized as the 4th Canadian Mounted Rifle Regiment in November 1914, under authorization published in General Order 36 of 15 March 1915. The regiment was under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel Vaux Chadwick. It was mobilized in Toronto and recruited from the Governor Generals Foot Guards (GGFG), 2nd Dragoons, 9th Mississauga Horse and 25th Brant Dragoons.
The regiment embarked at Quebec on 18 July 1915 aboard HESPERIAN, disembarking in England on 27 July 1915. Its strength was 31 officers and 602 other ranks. The regiment arrived in France on 22 September 1915, becoming part of the 2nd Brigade, Canadian Mounted Rifles. Its designation was changed from regiment to battalion on the formation of the 8th Canadian Infantry Brigade on 1 January 1916. The battalion returned to Canada on 17 March 1919, was demobilized on 19 March 1919, and was disbanded by General Order 207 of 15 November 1920.
The battalion supported a brass and pipe band.
The 4th Canadian Mounted Rifle Battalion was perpetuated by The Mississauga Horse which, in 1936, amalgamated with The Governor General's Body Guard forming The Governor General's Horse Guards.
- Date de modification :