Recherche de fonds d'archives
Pour formuler un commentaire, veuillez communiquer avec firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention : La notice descriptive est en traitement. Il se peut que ces documents ne soient pas encore disponibles pour fin de consultation.
Description trouvée dans les archives
Structure du classement
Lieu de création
Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminé
Langue du document
Portée et contenu
Sub-series consists of the administrative records of the Canadian Forestry Corps Headquarters in London.
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Instrument de recherche
Finding aid 9-31, part 32 is a typed file list. 9-31, part 32 (Papier)
Biographie / Histoire administrative
Authorised in October 1916 under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel Alexander McDougall, the CFC was composed of companies, each of which came under one of the six district headquarters in Great Britain or one of the eight district headquarters in France. Companies in Britain were numbered 101 and up. The CFC Base Depot was at Smith's Lawn, Windsor Great Park.
Forestry battalions raised in Canada (224th, 230th, 238th and 242nd) were absorbed by the CFC Depot upon their arrival in Great Britain. Districts in Great Britain were Nos 51 (formerly no. 1, Inverness), No. 52 (formerly No. 2, Carlisle), 53 (formerly No. 3, Egham), 54 (formerly No. 4, Southampton), 55 (Stirling) and 56 (East Sussex).
Most CFC Companies were engaged in forestry operations - including the making of pit props, railway sleepers, saw logs and axe handles - but some cleared, drained, levelled and graded sites for aerodromes, both in England and in France.
Source du titre
- Date de modification :