Paul Edgar Philippe Martin, Jr.
Time as Prime Minister
December 12, 2003 - February 6, 2006
- August 28, 1938, Windsor, Ontario
- University of Toronto, B.A. Philosophy & History 1962
- University of Toronto, LL.B 1965
- Married 1965, Sheila Ann Cowan
- Three sons
- Former President, CEO and Director, The CSL Group Inc.
- Former Chairman and CEO, Canada Steamship Lines Inc.
- Former Corporate Director, C.B. Pak Inc.; Redpath Industries Ltd.; Fednav Ltd.; The Manufacturers Life Insurance Co.; Canadian Shipbuilding & Engineering Ltd.; Imasco Corp.
- Read law with Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt, Toronto
- Lawyer (called to the bar in Ontario in 1966)
- Former Vice-President, Power Corp. of Canada; Consolidated Bathurst Ltd.
- 1991 to 1993, associate finance critic and critic for the environment for the Liberal opposition in the House of Commons
- November 14, 2003 - present, Party Leader
- 1988 - present, LaSalle-Émard
- 1993-1996 Minister Responsible for the Federal Office of Regional Development - Quebec
- 1993-2002 Minister of Finance
- Co-authored the 1993 Liberal "Red Book"
- While Martin was serving as Minister of Finance, Canada recorded five consecutive budget surpluses
- 1999-2001 Inaugural Chair, Group of Twenty (G-20)
The Canadian who's who. Toronto: Who's Who Canadian Publications. V. 1- (1910-)
Ottawa citizen [online]. [Cited Thursday, Nov. 13, 2003]. Access: www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen/features/martin/