A fishing-lumbering community located in the northwest arm of St. Mary's Bay where the adjoining waters of the Colinet and Rocky rivers form a harbour as they enter the ocean. The name Colinet was first given to Great Colinet Island, and was recorded as Collinett (1669), Colonet Isle (1671) and Collemot (1698).
Click the thumbnail to enlarge the image
This digital collection was produced under contract to the
SchoolNet Digital Collections Program, Industry Canada.